Remington brass

I have used remington brass for decades without any issues. I have found that there has been an improvement from several manufacturers in certain calibers - particularly newer ones like the 6.5 Creedmore. The Hornady brass I recently used from them in this caliber was more consistent and the primer tension was very good across the lot. I think the newer calibers brought with them new tooling and maybe some improvements or lessons learned form past practices.

I've been shooting a 25-06 for many years. Most of my brass from the 80's was Remington and my experience says that Remington brass from that era is better than today's brass. But I haven't tried any recent Remington 25-06 brass since I haven't found any. I have been using Nosler fully prepped brass, and it is better than the Remington of the 80's.

But that said, the best 25-06 brass I am using currently was made from Lapua 30-06 brass. But you might not have the means to do that. And I did turn the case necks after forming it to 25-06. Just more consistent brass.

I use R-P brass in a couple rifles. Just weight sort it to about 2gr and you are good.

7RM has 10-12 firings on it.
6.5SLR (.243 Win brass fire formed) has up to 12 firings on some.
.25-06AI had up to 8 loadings on hot loads.
.300RUM has 7-10 firings on it, and run hot. Bought 120 rounds in 1999, and still using it.

Last edited:
Almost all the brass that I have bought in the past has been Remington. The only issue that i had was fire forming 30 Gibbs and .218 Mashburn Bee, and after i annealed the necks I never had any problems. I also made hundreds of .30 and 35 Herrett cases. Also, in today's Covid frenzy, beggars can't be choosers. Buy it.

I have quite a bit of various 25-06 that I likely won't be using. How cheap on gun broker is "cheap"? I've been meaning to post some for sale, stuff I'm not gonna use in many calibers, but I'm stainless pin tumbling it all first and it's taking a while because I have so much. If you haven't bought yet let me know what you're looking for.

Buy It! I have used R-P brass for many rifles dating back to the late 80's and still use it today. 300 ultra, 7mm rum, 7mm rem mag, 30-06, 270 win, 308, 243 win just to name a few. A good buddy of mine has 10 firings on his rem brass in 7mm rem mag and still going strong. Like Lancekenyon said weight sort to about .2 grn if you are going to stretch out the distance. Happy shooting! Jason

Like someone has already said Lapua don't make 25-06 brass but it's easy to neck down their 30-06 brass to suit.I have used Remington brass in the past and found it yo be very good but as reloading goes it's working life is not as long as Lapua or Norma.