Remington 700 XCR Long Rang Tactical

mountainhunter87

Looking to possibly buy a Remington 700 XCR Long Rang Tactical and pull the B&C tactical stock off it and put a McMillan Hunters Edge on it. Anyone know how much the tactical B&C stocks weight so I can get an idea of how much weight I am going to shave off of it?

Looking to possibly buy a Remington 700 XCR Long Rang Tactical and pull the B&C tactical stock off it and put a McMillan Hunters Edge on it. Anyone know how much the tactical B&C stocks weight so I can get an idea of how much weight I am going to shave off of it?

The McMillan will weight between 22-24 OZ
The B&C weights 32 oz

You will be saving about 1/2lb by swithing stocks. Personally I would just keep the B&C stock unless you just want the Mcmillan for some reason? I think the B&C looks better? 8oz isn't much weight, the long range tactical has a 26" heavy barrel? For the price you could buy an action, have it blueprinted, buy a stock, an custom fluted #5 barrel and a trigger and have a way better lighter rifle.

You could also surf the classifieds on here. I just bought a rifle on here with a blueprinted action, Bedded HS stock, Aftermarket barrel with only 200 rounds down the barrel. It also came with brass, rings and bases and dies for $1200 shipped.

Are you wanting a 300? It looks like the rifle is only offered in 223, 308 and 300. Personally I would not buy one for $1500, Add $300 for the stock after you sell yours, $100+/- for base and rings, Another $100-$150 for a decent trigger. You will be $2000 plus a scope into a fairly basic rifle.

You could buy the Varmit rifle in those same calibers for 1/3 the price or even the Long Range for just over half at $800 which is the same rifle in better calibers minus the coated barrel and 40x trigger.

You could buy the regular long range, have all the same stuff done and have $800 left to buy a Vortex PST and you would be set.

Anyways thats my 2 Cents hate to see you buy into the hype and waste a bunch of money.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.