Magpul Hunter 700 Long Action stock, Has anybody tried this stock?

tumbleweed7mmstw

My Son has a new Remington 700 cal. 300 Win Mag. It came with a composite (plastic) stock and has been frustrated with the
Inability to get it anything close to a good shot grouping. I have replaced the original stock with another inexpensive (Hogue) he purchased. I didn't like the seating or fit of the action. That proved out to be a waste of time and money. So we now have an H-S Precision Pro-Series for me to install. He called me the other day and asked me to hold up on the H-S stock install.
He is now looking at this Magpul Hunter 700 Long Action! I don't have any experience or know of anyone that has tried this stock and I'm not optimistic about this. Can you guys come up with any reviews on this Magpul stock?
This is a link to the stock; https://magpul.com/firearm-accessor...gton-700-long-action.html?mp_global_color=118

I have the MagPul 700 SA and so far I do like it BUT there are a couple of points to consider.
1 - They are heavier but with full length bedding it comes with the territory.
2 - Biggest issue I have found so far is a Timney trigger width is too great for the trigger well and rubs affecting performance. I have filed down the inside of the trigger well quite a bit and it is still a problem. So I removed the Timney and actually had an 25+ year old Remington trigger that did adjust up nicely and works well enough.
3 - the LOP and comb height adjustments are nice and with gorilla arms like I have was nice. I did have to buy a higher comb but then again you are custom fitting a stock. When using cleaning rod guides and cleaning rods you may have to remove comb which takes 2 seconds to allow straight cleaning rod usage. I do not see this as big deal but just a note.
4 - I do like the drop and forearm feel.
5 - I have a MagPul MLok bipod and seems to be good attachment. The bipod itself is another story. I cannot get it to securely lock up to my satisfaction so it will not rotate.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.