Remington 700 value?

I understand, but even Chevrolet makes a bad one occasionally. Did anyone check the ammo to be sure it was OK? It is possible that only that ctg. was bad. There seems that if there was a problem that more people would have been hurt. So many possibilities, I'd be reluctant to blame it on ant 1 thing unless sa lab found the actual cause. This is where all the Remington haters chime in.

They, like any else, are worth whatever a buyer is willing to pay for one at that moment. Heck, a year or two ago, there was a huge run on the .220 Swift special "FIRST PRODUCTION" Rem700 rifles made back in 1990. At first, they were selling for about $3000, so I was tempted to put mine up for sale. But then I decided I'd rather have the rifle. Then later, they were selling in the $3,000s. Again tempted, again chose to keep the rifle instead. Others then started getting into the $4,000s for them in new with box condition. I saw a mint one with box and original everything go for over $10,000 (and I confirmed with the seller that the buyer actually PAID for it), so I decided I could part with mine for that kind of money. I got over $6,000 for mine a year ago, and it didn't even have the original box. The big run on them seems to have dissipated now, as I rarely see them come up for sale now, especially the mint condition ones.

I have a very unique Remington 700 mountain rifle chambered in 257 Roberts. Was told was a custom ordered rifle or a custom shop rifle. I can not find the configuration listed anywhere which leads me to believe it is at least coston ordered from Remington. 22" mountain rifle contour barrel short rr prefix action satin blued, no barrel date code on the barrel x-pro trigger and Laminated stock remington butt pad. Every mountain rifle I have seen in blue was in a walnut stock. That's what makes me believe it is a ordered rifle. Attached are photos. Was told it was unfired and everything looks to be that way. Any ideas of value?
You might pick up a Blue Book of Gun Values, or perhaps one of the guys here could look it up with a Ser# and Model for you... I have a couple, but... they'er older books. Cheers

1684607910809.png

Beautiful rifle! I have a "Classic" in 257 Roberts. It shoots the 115 gr BT in the .3's.
Yours would be a dandy woods rifle for WT deer

JD338

I have it but when it's not cataloged that doesn't give a price for uncataloged firearms
Ok... Try Guns.Com I see they have something there that seems to match up a little, although yours has a laminate stock, perhaps they could shed some light on it for you, just a guess. Your rifle looks like something Lipsey's, or Davison's Distributor, would have the factory make up for them, there are other wholesalers that do it as well, just a thought

Good luck Cheers