Remington 700 value?

That looks just like the 700 BDL Rifle that has all of the attributes of a Mountain Rifle that I have,m but isn't marked as such. Any way to find out what it sold for or how many were made unmarked?

l'm going to say the value of 700s to me is ZERO. Parts are almost unobtainable. l have a 222 Heavy Varmint l cant get parts for anywhere. Common stuff like ejector and extractor. None on GunBroken or ebay. No more 700s for me. EVER

As long and as many Rem. 700's that I've shot many 100's a d even a few that I've shot thousands of times, I've never had to replace extractor, ejector, firing pin, firing pin spring, etc. Am I just lucky or my Remingtons are old enough to be bullet proof ? I've heard several people complain about everything from accuracy, blowing up, breaking parts, warping stocks, bad triggers, etc. I'd venture to say that I've easily owned over 30 Remingtons in various forms and never had anything go wrong or not be reasonably accurate (1.5 moa or less). Am I just that lucky or are some people just knit-picking?

As long and as many Rem. 700's that I've shot many 100's a d even a few that I've shot thousands of times, I've never had to replace extractor, ejector, firing pin, firing pin spring, etc. Am I just lucky or my Remingtons are old enough to be bullet proof ? I've heard several people complain about everything from accuracy, blowing up, breaking parts, warping stocks, bad triggers, etc. I'd venture to say that I've easily owned over 30 Remingtons in various forms and never had anything go wrong or not be reasonably accurate (1.5 moa or less). Am I just that lucky or are some people just knit-picking?
I love mine too! Great accuracy and no parts damaged with 1,000's of rounds down range. I've had to replace barrels, but no action parts. I have only heard of the one issue near my family. Mine are definitely staying with me.🙂

My oldest one is a Sportsman 78 that was my first hp rifle and I bought it used. I'd hate to guess how many rounds have been through it. Both over pressure and even the early "X-Bullets" and I'm guessing you know how over pressure those tended to be even with book loads. It now shoots the worst of my rifles, 1.5 moa.

My oldest one is a Sportsman 78 that was my first hp rifle and I bought it used. I'd hate to guess how many rounds have been through it. Both over pressure and even the early "X-Bullets" and I'm guessing you know how over pressure those tended to be even with book loads. It now shoots the worst of my rifles, 1.5 moa.
My oldest is a Remington 722 in .222 that was a competition rifle back in the 1950's I believe. The barrel was "shot out" (for competition purposes anyway) and it was sold , then passed to me. It still groups at 1" at 100 yds and all I ever had changed was the bolt (because it was stolen). Remington put a 700 bolt in it in 1986 because they had no Model 722 bolts available. It still does what I need it too despite probably having multiple thousands of rounds down the tube. It was originally tapped for the old Unertal(sp?) scope mounts but has always had the screw fillers for those. Although not a HP round, I took my first critters with it.

I don't believe someone caught a bolt in the face from a R700. It would take too many failures. Think of how a bolt Is locked and what holds it. And if someone did it would you would read about it all over.

This was supposed to reply to an earlier comment but somehow didn't

Amen, I have a 5 digit serial number action that's on its fourth barel and everything else is still good.

I don't believe someone caught a bolt in the face from a R700. It would take too many failures. Think of how a bolt Is locked and what holds it. And if someone did it would you would read about it all over.

This was supposed to reply to an earlier comment but somehow didn't
I wouldn't believe it either if I didn't know my brother. He doesn't make that stuff up. Not the type at all.

I believe that it could have happened. Depending how long ago it happened it could have just been local news. Don't forget it wasn't that long ago that anti-gunners didn't get the press that they do now.
I believe it too. My brother knew the guy. He's been competition shooting in the NW Pennsylvania area since he got out of the Marine Corp. He liked the 700's before that happened.