Remington 700 SF II 300RUM

Boss Hoss, Where have you listed your barrel cleaning process. I would be interested to read it. Most have a unique process that can be learned from.

Most of the Items mentioned above will be pluses whether or not a new tube is installed. For example a New trigger. It will be a benefit for the life of the action. There is no doubt that a new barrel is the best route to achieving accuracy. But, even a great barrel will not shoot to its potential if it is not set in a square action that has been bedded properly. I think that we both agree but are taking different routes to achieve the same end result. Like restoring an old car. Do you build an engine and paint it later, or do you paint it first and build an engine later? All depends upon what is desired in the now.

Boss Hoss, Where have you listed your barrel cleaning process. I would be interested to read it. Most have a unique process that can be learned from.

Most of the Items mentioned above will be pluses whether or not a new tube is installed. For example a New trigger. It will be a benefit for the life of the action. There is no doubt that a new barrel is the best route to achieving accuracy. But, even a great barrel will not shoot to its potential if it is not set in a square action that has been bedded properly. I think that we both agree but are taking different routes to achieve the same end result. Like restoring an old car. Do you build an engine and paint it later, or do you paint it first and build an engine later? All depends upon what is desired in the now.

http://www.longrangehunting.com/forums/f19/yet-another-barrel-breakin-cleaning-question-63295/

The only thing that has changed is that Speedy as well as myself use Butches now rather than the mix with Black Powder Hoppes. The Isso and Sweets are the biggest enablers in the process. Make sure to pay attention to the Bore Guide Part...

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts