Remington 700 DBM Action

Discussion in 'Gunsmithing' started by arios, Apr 9, 2015.

1. arios

arios Member

Does someone have a picture of a Remington-original action for a DBM? I've read in several places that those actions are actually machined "without the feed lips" as the magazine has them instead. I have yet to see actual photographic evidence of this; can someone post a picture. Or,... are there blueprint drawings somewhere of the different action variations?

Just curious, thanks.

2. EddieHarren

EddieHarren Well-Known Member

I don't have any photos handy but what you heard is true. If an action left the factory as a DBM it will always have to be used as a DBM unless you install a single shot adapter. I have had several of these actions come through my shop.

3. rharfo

rharfo Well-Known Member

+1 I had one and wanted to send it to Rifles inc for a build. They told me it would have to stay dbm, which I didn't want. Sold the gun for a new build with bdl style bottom metal

4. arios

arios Member

Thank you guys for the reply. It's not that I don't believe the actions are different; but I'd still be interested in seeing one.

5. USMCSSGT

USMCSSGT Well-Known Member

I'm interested also. Was thinking of doing a DBM to my rifle, but then saw there is a difference???