Remington 700 action spacer?

MT257

I was replacing my trigger today in my remington 700 cdl. When I took it apart I didn't notice droping a spacer but found one on the floor after re-assembling the rifle. I took the gun apart and there is a black sticker like spacer between the front part of the action and the stock, there was none in the back. Does this spacer belong in the back? Do they make any difference? Like I said I didn't notice it when I took the gun apart, I guess its my fault for not paying closer attention. Thanks

I was replacing my trigger today in my remington 700 cdl. When I took it apart I didn't notice droping a spacer but found one on the floor after re-assembling the rifle. I took the gun apart and there is a black sticker like spacer between the front part of the action and the stock, there was none in the back. Does this spacer belong in the back? Do they make any difference? Like I said I didn't notice it when I took the gun apart, I guess its my fault for not paying closer attention. Thanks

Have you looked at your owner's manual, i.e parts breakdown?

Yes, I looked at the manual but couldn't see anything. This spacer is like a 1/32" sticker type spacer it has a hole for the action screws to go through.

Correct, the front needs a level surface to support it when you crank down, it can crack through the hinge point with it does not sit nice, the rear has no weak point and just flexes.

Alright, I guess I thought it came off the rear even though there was one still in place on the front. I guess Ill shoot it with one and if I dont achieve the same results as previously achieved I will add the second one to the front.

Yes, I looked at the manual but couldn't see anything. This spacer is like a 1/32" sticker type spacer it has a hole for the action screws to go through.

I was looking at the owner's manual online and it shows as front guard screw bushing (item #23), ADL grade (not sure if it's the same as CDL), as noted by Rhian ...

Goes between the bottom metal and the stock at the front screws.

Happy safe shooting/hunting.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.