howa action-remington 700 compatibility

rbcowboy

i heard from a guy on facebook that the howa 1500 is compatible to the remington 700 action when it comes to stocks. is there any truth to this?
basically i'm looking for a left hand right bolt stock for my howa long action or possibly an ambidextrious if thats my only option and if its compatible with a 700 long action that may make my search a little easier!!!!

Lol well thats what i told him because thats what i thought! i just wanted to double check with some people i trust! they list them in the few places i can find them with the weatherby vangaurd but i've never seen them listed with the 700's
thanks for the info!!!

Howa and Weatherby Vanguards use the same stocks, I believe they use the same scope mounts though.

RB, Boyd's sells left hand stocks for right hand actions for the Howa rifles. I bedded one for my inlaw, very strong and easy to bed.

Yea I actually just purchased their pepper stock laminate yesterday! Was beginning to think I was going to have to have one custom made and sure wasn't ready to throw that cost into a $500 rifle! Thanks for the info though for sure and glad to hear a good review from the build you did!!!

Nope, I didn't forget.

They use the same trigger.

Same scope bases too.

Oops - my bad. Somehow my brain thought you posted Remington and Howa (his original question). Yes, I obviously know that the Howa and Vanguard are the same as two of my Vanguards even wear a Howa stocks.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.