Remington 7 STW Brass

Remington will make stw brass sooner or later... whenever they need to keep busy... same with 8rem brass, 375 brass, rum brass, etc... They have been busy as hell with all the hoarding, etc. and haven't cared a bit about the lower demand stuff...
I personally am about done waiting for their brass and am looking at hornady 375 H@H brass to reform. I did 50 for my brother when he had a stw and they turned out fine. I've done some rem and win 375 brass over the years too and most of the time the shot count before I retired the brass was actually higher on the reformed brass than correct headstamp.

Yes, and no... It is manufactured by Norma, but Nosler also chamfers the necks, deburrs the flash holes, polishes the brass, and then weight-sorts them before packaging... Norma doesn't do all that. I use both, and I will pay the extra money for Nosler any day.

Buy what you want, but I recommend understanding the differences in them before you start complaining about the price.

Chamfers the neck. Unless the description on midway is a lie, norma does that.

Deburs the flash hole. They are drilled so there is no burr.

Weight sort. Most people say norma is as or more consistent than lapua.

So you are paying how much of a premium for extra shiny?

If I am mistaken on any of that I apologize for being straight up lied to by norma and midway.

If I am mistaken on any of that I apologize for being straight up lied to by norma and midway.

Buy what you want...It's your money.

What do I know...It's not like I have any hands-on experience with this sort-of thing, and all the brands involved... :rolleyes:

That is two times you have said I have no idea what I am talking about. I don't mind because I do have zero experience with either brand we are talking about and my knowledge of them is only from the Internet.

I believe I have done my due diligence however. Therfore if your experience shows that my knowledge, as outlined in my previous post, is wrong can you please be specific about what I am mistaken about.

I try to share what i know but i come here primarily to learn.

Remington will make stw brass sooner or later... whenever they need to keep busy... same with 8rem brass, 375 brass, rum brass, etc... They have been busy as hell with all the hoarding, etc. and haven't cared a bit about the lower demand stuff...
I personally am about done waiting for their brass and am looking at hornady 375 H@H brass to reform. I did 50 for my brother when he had a stw and they turned out fine. I've done some rem and win 375 brass over the years too and most of the time the shot count before I retired the brass was actually higher on the reformed brass than correct headstamp.

Thanks Lefty

Drilling leaves burrs.

What most people say is irrelevant since very few of them shoot the 7mm STW.

The problem with the internet isn't a lack of information it's the enormous volume of BS that's passed off as information.

Bigbull,

I apologize for hijacking your thread.

I will now bow out of this discussion, as I should have a few days ago I guess. once again, sorry.

I was not trying to pick a fight with anyone.

I was trying to humorously present my opinions of Nosler prices. Totally failed at the humorously part, I guess. After that...does not matter what I was thinking I guess.

I am just going to have to disagree and do it from a position of no experience. Because for the difference of ~1.40 per norma case vs ~2.40 per nosler case, I'll do a little extra work on the brass myself.

I know at some point this year I read that Remington had either decided to close several of it's plants or relocate them to a central location.

I don't know if that means the brass production will stop all together or just be on hold until they get re-organized.

Might want to check out Bertram. I saw a member post a link on here to some the other day. I've heard it's pretty decent. Shawn Carlock seems to like it for the 338 Edge anyway. Factory headstamped and about $1.30/pc if I remember correctly.

I was not trying to pick a fight with anyone.

I was trying to humorously present my opinions of Nosler prices. Totally failed at the humorously part, I guess. After that...does not matter what I was thinking I guess.

I am just going to have to disagree and do it from a position of no experience. Because for the difference of ~1.40 per norma case vs ~2.40 per nosler case, I'll do a little extra work on the brass myself.
Humor often fails on the net because you can't see people's facial expressions as they type.

This is a great sight with more knowledgeable people willing to dive in an help than any other place I've ever found and you'll never find as large and dedicated a bunch of 7mm STW shooters in particular than we have here.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.