Remington 7 STW Brass

Personally I find the Nosler brass to be much higher quality, and have not had the issues that some claim. I would look into that as an option.

I have not found anything about Rem. making STW brass again. The last time they made some was about 3 years ago.

Most places that carried it have now said that it is discontinued.

I bought a lot when I could find it, so that I can feed my 2 rifles for some time.

I don't even see remington listed there anymore but they do have some Nosler brass which I've had very good luck with over the years in stock and at a fair price for what it is.

They are also showing 8mm RM Nosler brass as being available which is very easy to neck down.

I don't even see remington listed there anymore but they do have some Nosler brass which I've had very good luck with over the years in stock and at a fair price for what it is.

They are also showing 8mm RM Nosler brass as being available which is very easy to neck down.

Nosler brass and fair price do not belong in the same paragraph, let alone sentence.

That's my opinion anyway. Take it for what it is worth, which is nothing :D

gun)

Nosler brass and fair price do not belong in the same paragraph, let alone sentence.

That's my opinion anyway. Take it for what it is worth, which is nothing :D

gun)
You're going to pay for high quality large case volume brass.

I've had very acceptable case life out of Nosler brass in quite a few calibers. It's not Norma or Lapua, but it's good brass.

What rattles my teeth is having to pay close to loaded ammo price for brass so usually I buy factory ammo and get one free ride out of it.

But, it is Norma. That's my point. Nosler buys it from Norma puts their own head stamp on it and raises the price 40%.

Just unfortunately for us the 7stw is one Norma does not bother to make except for what they run for nosler.

But, it is Norma. That's my point. Nosler buys it from Norma puts their own head stamp on it and raises the price 40%.

Just unfortunately for us the 7stw is one Norma does not bother to make except for what they run for nosler.

Yes, and no... It is manufactured by Norma, but Nosler also chamfers the necks, deburrs the flash holes, polishes the brass, and then weight-sorts them before packaging... Norma doesn't do all that. I use both, and I will pay the extra money for Nosler any day.

Buy what you want, but I recommend understanding the differences in them before you start complaining about the price.

That's an assumption that is flying around the net rather than a fact. Norma was making brass before Nosler was even a company, they started in 1902.

RUAG owns Norma and has since 2002. Norma and Nosler have a long history as Norma was the first ammunition maker to put Nosler Bullets into factory ammo.

Like I said.my opinion. Take it for what it is worth. Which I also gave an approximate value of :D

Yes, and no... It is manufactured by Norma, but Nosler also chamfers the necks, deburrs the flash holes, polishes the brass, and then weight-sorts them before packaging... Norma doesn't do all that. I use both, and I will pay the extra money for Nosler any day.

Buy what you want, but I recommend understanding the differences in them before you start complaining about the price.
They've got a pretty good video here.

Nosler Brass

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.