Remington 300 RUM factory barrel question

netman

I have a Remington 700 7RM adl that has become the base action for my new project.
I am having the 7 Mag barrel separated from the action tomorrow. Getting the action milled to fit the Wyatt 4" box.
I bought a brand new never fired 300 RUM take off factory barrel for next to nothing.
I'm having the muzzle threaded for a Beast brake.
For those of you that have a Remington 700 300 RUM with a factory barrel how do they shoot?
I went with the Wyatt box to allow more options of COAL.
Looking to shooting either the 200 Accubond or 215/230 Berger.
My thoughts on using the factory barrel is if I don't like this caliber I can easily switch barrels and make it a 300 WM or ???
If I do like the caliber I can eventually have a custom barrel fitted.
Just asking about the factory barrel accuracy.
Thanks

Should be able to get .75 to .5 moa group's with right barrel break in and proper load development. I'd definitely leave it a 300 rum don't forget about 212 eldx I shoot them in mine and like them pretty good

I have a Remington 700 7RM adl that has become the base action for my new project.
I am having the 7 Mag barrel separated from the action tomorrow. Getting the action milled to fit the Wyatt 4" box.
I bought a brand new never fired 300 RUM take off factory barrel for next to nothing.
I'm having the muzzle threaded for a Beast brake.
For those of you that have a Remington 700 300 RUM with a factory barrel how do they shoot?
I went with the Wyatt box to allow more options of COAL.
Looking to shooting either the 200 Accubond or 215/230 Berger.
My thoughts on using the factory barrel is if I don't like this caliber I can easily switch barrels and make it a 300 WM or ???
If I do like the caliber I can eventually have a custom barrel fitted.
Just asking about the factory barrel accuracy.
Thanks

Barrels are always a cr ap shoot, especially factory barrels. Aftermarket barrels are far more likely to shoot and will be warrantied if they don't. I believe 90% of the accuracy comes from the quality of the barrel.
You can shoot any cartridge with a mag BF.

Dropped my action and barrel off today at Southern Indiana Precision to have the action milled/ fitted for the Wyatt Mag box and the barrel threaded for the brake.
Should be up and running in no time.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.