300 RUM remington 700 LA barrel threading

he said his barrel measures .658 and you only need .625 for the 5/8 thread why wouldn't that work? I've threaded barrels that were at .625. Works great. But it's good to know that 9/16 supressors are available now, all of mine are 5/8 or 1/2.
You need a shoulder to lock the break against u less using a removable style with locking bolt. However the brakes mentioned are not removable with locking bolts thats why 9/16 is more suitable.

You would have to use a locking nut like the Savage barrel nut or a brake that has pinch bolts if you threaded it 5/8x24 and you still couldn't use a 5/8x24 suppressor on it. They have minimum barrel diameters for 5/8x24 suppressors. Typically that is around .750" so that the suppressor has enough barrel to shoulder against.

I have a Remington Sendero with the T-2 Terminator , the brake does not match the barrel perfectly but you can not tell it just by looking at it, the brake is only a few hairs larger . I would place the recoil in the 243 Winchester range

I'm not overly concerned about if it matches, more worried about function. Nice to know that it works well.

There is video on youtube showing how well the T2 terminator works. It does tame the 300 RUM down to the same as a 243 shooting 100gr factory loads.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.