Remington 300 RUM brass discontinued

Remington Support

Service Ticket Response

Remington-Logo.png
Dear Chris,

Thank you for contacting Remington! We do not do any direct sales of our components at this time; however, you may wish to contact one of the following component dealers to locate this product:

Contemporary Enterprises 800-223-0900

Midway Arms 800-243-3220
MidwayUSA - Shop Shooting, Hunting, & Outdoor Products

World Outdoor Resources 800-272-3000

Wideners Reloading & Supply 800-615-3006
http://www.wideners.com/

Precision Reloading, Inc.
Mitchell, SD 57301 800) 223-0900
http://www.precisionreloading.com/

Thank you and best regards,
Remington Customer Services

Thanks Remington. Looks like I'll keep stashing money to buy Nosler RUM brass.

Or you could just go to the dark side completely. I just put my name on a Browning ( a Hells Canyon smoke) in 26 nosler that will come in this fall. I will be re-chambering my three rums to the nosler cartridges and selling any rum components/ dies I have as the rifle barrels wear out or if I run out of brass... So long remmy...

Or you could just go to the dark side completely. I just put my name on a Browning ( a Hells Canyon smoke) in 26 nosler that will come in this fall. I will be re-chambering my three rums to the nosler cartridges and selling any rum components/ dies I have as the rifle barrels wear out or if I run out of brass... So long remmy...
Maybe as more guys do something like this, it will help availability. A possible bright side. mtmuley

Has Nosler released a 338 cartridge yet? I did a google search and all that came up were wildcats. My RUM only has 500 rounds through it so it'll be awhile before I need to rebarrel. So I'm in no rush but a new cartridge might just get make me rebarrel sooner!

I 'm sticking with the RUMs. Cause sooner or later, even though I don't need the brass now, you guys that bail will help me out. Thanks in advance. mtmuley

I 'm sticking with the RUMs. Cause sooner or later, even though I don't need the brass now, you guys that bail will help me out. Thanks in advance. mtmuley

I'll stay with the rums just long enough to fry three barrels, and two already have a lot of time on them. I have a brother with two rums also though, so brass likely won't be sold.

I actually think someone will pull their head out of the sand and make good rum brass at a decent price long before I need to go to the Nosler chambering's, but it sure is nice to have good options if the rums do go south...

I think I'm just going to start buying the 7mm RUM brass and necking it up. I've seen more of that stuff than I have ever seen the 300 Rum. Well in the last year. Full length neck size and let it grow because usually they come out a little short on the necks. After I do this I find the shortest one and trim them to that length to start with.

Remington has definitely gone to the dark side on the components.
I have been using Norma. Bought another 1400 pieces.
Sold 600 of them. Have a thou norma and 400 remington
for my rifles.

Is the Norma brass good??

I have read lots of mixed reviews on the Norma brass, I dont mind spending the money if it is quality stuff.

There are as many views of which brand 300 RUM is best as there are shooters of 300 RUM.

I like Norma/Nosler in my long range bench rest target rifle, others say it's "soft".
Remington brass is what I use for hunting and to make 338 Edge.
Hornady is the new guy om the 300 RUM block for reloading components.
Then there are the boutique brass makers. High quality, high expense.

Appreciate the reply.

How many times are you be able to reload Norma 300 RUM brass?
vs
How many times are you able to reload Remington 300 RUM brass?

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.