Remington 300 RUM brass discontinued

They should know by all of they companies that place orders with them. I'm sure there are companies like Midway, Cabelas, Midsouth, LGS, ect that order brass constantly. They should be able to figure out; "Hey, all these guys have been ordering all this defferent brass for 3 years straight and we have never sold them any in that time"

I would like to know the real reason behind it. Are they stockpiling for their factory offerings. Do they assume re-loaders will buy higher priced factory ammo just for brass. Are they waiting until 4$ per piece of brass isn't scoffed at, then sell for a higher price? Do they not even care about the re-loader, and want to sell factory ammo to the guy shooting an off the shelf factory rifle? If someone knows the real reason I would love to hear it.

Here are some of the Remington contact numbers/emails. If somebody wants to write a letter of sorts addressing the RUM brass issue then you could be sure they get it. It's like not voting; if you don't vote then you can't complain about it.

contact us | Remington
Company Information

Corporate Headquarters

Remington Arms Company, LLC 870 Remington Drive P.O. Box 700 Madison, NC 27025-0700 TEL: 1-800-243-9700 Fax: 1-336-548-7801 Email Us / Online Help Center Site Locations

Ilion Firearms Plant & Custom Shop 14 Hoefler Avenue Ilion, NY 13357 TEL: 1-315-895-3200 Ammunition & Components Plant 2592 Arkansas Hwy 15 N Lonoke, AR 72086 TEL: 1-501-676-3161 Mayfield Firearms Plant 22 Rifle Trail PO Box 99 Hickory, KY 42051 TEL: 1-270-856-4200 Technical Center 315 W. Ring Road Elizabethtown, KY 42701
Other Contact Information

Consumer Services / Parts & Service TEL: 1-800-243-9700 Fax: 1-336-548-7801 www.shopremingtoncountry.com Canadian Consumer Services / Parts & Service TEL: 1-866-662-4869 Press Office TEL: 1-800-537-2278 (Media Enquiries Only) Credit Division Fax: 1-336-548-7845 Gun Club Products TEL: 1-336-548-8552 Fax: 1-336-548-7752 Law Enforcement Sales TEL: 1-336-548-8887 Fax: 1-336-548-7787 Law Enforcement Parts and Armorer Courses TEL: 1-336-548-8778 Fax: 1-336-548-7800 Military and Federal Agency Sales TEL: 1-336-548-8793 Fax: 1-336-548-7800 Ammunition Product Services 2592 Arkansas Hwy 15 N Lonoke, AR 72086 TEL: 1-501-676-3161 Fax: 1-501-676-4231 Industrial Products Division 2592 Arkansas Hwy 15 N Lonoke, AR 72086 TEL: 1-501-676-4260 Fax: 1-501-676-4263 Powder Metal Products Division Remington Arms Company, LLC 14 Hoefler Avenue Ilion, New York 13357 TEL: 1-315-895-3453 Fax: 1-315-895-3227

If someone knows the real reason I would love to hear it.
I'm no rep but;
Last I spoke with my buddy that works at the ammo plant he said they are over a million rounds behind, plus they just built another facility for pistol ammo only. They only do a yearly run on ultra mag ammo and all the brass goes to loaded ammo. The demand for RUM ammo/brass is so small compared to more "normal" cartridges that I don't blame them for not wasting time on something specialized. So I would bet the answer to the question "Are they not worried about re-loaders?" is NO! There really isn't a lot of money to be made from it compared to their loaded ammo.
This is why I suggested that we all demand it, but what do I know...

Yes, if someone would write a letter that others could forward that would help. Off the top of my head mine would go something like
" Dear Remington, even though the last 3 rifles I bought were gone for months because they were recalled and you made me pay $118 for a part that broke on my 11-87 shotgun that was still under warranty...wait a minute. Screw you Remington"

Yes, if someone would write a letter that others could forward that would help. Off the top of my head mine would go something like
" Dear Remington, even though the last 3 rifles I bought were gone for months because they were recalled and you made me pay $118 for a part that broke on my 11-87 shotgun that was still under warranty...wait a minute. Screw you Remington"
But, I bet as soon as Remington makes what you need available, you'll be all over it. mtmuley

I actually sold some Remington brass and more recently loaded RUM ammo. I have a pretty good supply but if my pockets start going out you can bet I'll switch to all "#anything butt remington" brass. They will have to really try hard to get my business back, especially in the shotgun department. Once you go Italian it's hard to lug a heavy, unreliable gun again.

I actually sold some Remington brass and more recently loaded RUM ammo. I have a pretty good supply but if my pockets start going out you can bet I'll switch to all "#anything butt remington" brass. They will have to really try hard to get my business back, especially in the shotgun department. Once you go Italian it's hard to lug a heavy, unreliable gun again.
There you go. Nothing to complain about. Sounds like you fixed your Remington problem. I'm sure your business will be sorely missed. mtmuley

Mtmuley, it seems to me that over the last few years Remington has done less and less to support its customers. I have experience with them not supporting their warranty, and a lot of recalled guns. Now to not release any brass for their own cartridge, only selling loaded ammo, is one less thing they do for customers. Do you find them doing something different ? Maybe I'm looking at it wrong but they seem to be making it easy for me to go elsewhere.

Just goes to show you what can happen when you let Wall Street invaders take over a company that has stood the test of time...Corporate Crooks..profit margins and screw everyone/thing else...sad sad day!

I can't comment on Remington's customer service as I have never had to use it. The availability issue is unfortunate, but also the fault of some shooters not being prepared. Many different components are unavailable these days. It's not just a Remington issue. mtmuley

Mtmuley, it seems to me that over the last few years Remington has done less and less to support its customers. I have experience with them not supporting their warranty, and a lot of recalled guns. Now to not release any brass for their own cartridge, only selling loaded ammo, is one less thing they do for customers. Do you find them doing something different ? Maybe I'm looking at it wrong but they seem to be making it easy for me to go elsewhere.

What makes ya think that THEY are loading the ammo with their trade name on the box...etc.?

I called the ammunition and component plant. They said there are currently no plans to run any 300RUM brass. I told them I had been waiting for years for some. He checked to see if any were on order. They have 217,000 cases on order, so someone is wanting them. I'm supposed to get a call back for an answer when soe may be available. He also said their own brass was being used for Barnes ammo, which I knew, but it has different stamp.

The quickest way for a company to help another company get started/prosper is to start cutting off the supply of popular items like the Ultra Mags brass. some one else will start producing it and if they hold the price to a reasonable level, it will sell like hot cakes.

I have seen this before and will probably see it again. Maybe Lapua will start making it. They have already started making some of the other cases that were normally made by Remington. 7 wsm brass is in the same boat and that is Winchesters fault, So it is not only Remington.

I have many cartridges that brass has gotten scarce, but I will not re-chamber any of them because of it because of the possibility of them and there brass going the same way. I just try to conserve the brass I have by taking care of it and if I just want to bang away I use something that is readily available.

300 to 500 rounds should be a lifetimes worth of brass for one rifle if taken care of and not loaded excessively hot.

J E CUSTOM

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.