Remington 300 RUM brass discontinued

Swamplord

Midway sent me an email today to update the status of a product I had under "Product Arrival Notifications"

Bad news !
The message was "Product No Longer Available" for the Remington 300 RUM brass and they now have it listed as "Discontinued"

Attachments

• 300 Rum brass discontinued.jpg
    300 Rum brass discontinued.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 149
Midway sent me an email today to update the status of a product I had under "Product Arrival Notifications"

Bad news !
The message was "Product No Longer Available" for the Remington 300 RUM brass and they now have it listed as "Discontinued"

I received the same e-mail notification yesterday for 8MM Remington Mag brass.

The canceled 3 camberings that I had notifications set up for yesterday. They have done it before with Win head stamp 300WSM brass. How excited did you get when you saw "PRODUCT ARRIVAL NOTIFICATION" and saw a picture of your brass? Only to be let down...

Its cheaper to buy factory ammo and knock the bullet out. I got lucky and found 4 boxes of reduced recoil 300RUM on closeout at my LGS. Ive been doing this for some time now w/ 300WSM and 300RUM

The last time I wanted rum brass I bought factory ammo... This is a joke the way Remington is treating some of their chamberings and products... They are obviously doing well enough with what they ARE offering though that they do not care. It looks like Nosler and Hornady are already filling in the gap (albeit at higher prices) and others are sure to follow. I'm sure remmy will eventually wade into the market again, but I won't be there for them if the screw me now.

I was also excited then ****ed that the Remmy products were put in the Midway discontinued list. It is what it is though... I'll keep my rifles shooting, even if I have to form brass to do so.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.