Remington 257 Weatherby

Am I Happy with the gun well lets just say some days.

I am saveing to get a new stock and trigger.

Accuracy wise it shot the factory 100gr wetherby ammo into about an 1.25 at 100yards at 3630fps.

I had a good load for it shooting the 115gr bergers but then had a brake put on it so i am back at the load development thing agen.

Am I Happy with the gun well lets just say some days.

I am saveing to get a new stock and trigger.

Accuracy wise it shot the factory 100gr wetherby ammo into about an 1.25 at 100yards at 3630fps.

I had a good load for it shooting the 115gr bergers but then had a brake put on it so i am back at the load development thing agen.

What trigger ? Jewell ? What stock ?I know all about some day rifles. Thanks for info.

I will be geting the Timmy trigger and I have decided on the Grey Bull Percision stock. shood have them with in the next two months as this is my only rifle.

You must of bought this when they had a special run. The Rem 700 sps no longer is chambered in that caliber. What was it about the stock you didn't like ? My Rem 700 has the Sendaro stock and I had a Jewell Trigger installed.

Last edited:
Precision Hunting Stock

I have been geting half moa at 200 yards with wetherby brass, rem 9.5 mag primer's, and 73.2gr of H1000.

I have been geting some flyers hoping a new trigger and stock will help fix that.

Fliers are a fact of life. I have a Rem 700 Match Hart bbl Jewell Trigger chambered in 6x284.I get fliers with that. But as I practiced more the fliers became less frequent.Its how the rifle rides the bags,how we MUST be holding the rifle the exact same way from shot to shot. My BBL is close to being shot out. I use to swear that its more accurate now then when it was brand new. Until another shooter says" Your learning how to shoot your rifle " If your getting 1/2 MOA at 200 yds that's dang good. Tons of factors involved in reduction of "Fliers"

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.