Remage Opinions

Dad has the 5 port on his begara hmr 300 win mag. Feels like a unbraked creedmoor.
Stuck it on my .300 WM a few days ago and after the first shot I actually stopped and made sure everything was right with the rifle because the recoil was so small. I did just pop off 15 rounds from an un-braked sporter weight .300 RUM but dang that brake really does a good job.

Stuck it on my .300 WM a few days ago and after the first shot I actually stopped and made sure everything was right with the rifle because the recoil was so small. I did just pop off 15 rounds from an un-braked sporter weight .300 RUM but dang that brake really does a good job.
For the money they are hard to beat. I'll be getting a 5 port for my 7mm when I get the new barrel on it. You must be braver than me to shoot 15 rounds out of a sporter 300 rum. 15rounds from a sporter 300 win mag is enough to make me not get excited about shooting it:D

I have used no less than 6 of the Remage barrels, all from NSS. I have a friend who has a prefit on his Tikka. All of these rifles really shoot. 2 of them are 1/4 MOA rifles with handloads, the others are all at or near consistent 1/2 minute. The only difference between the ones from NSS, and the one by buddy got is that he had a bunch of hassle, and long lead, and had a few cosmetic issues with the barrel upon receipt.

15DBDABF-DEC5-4316-ACEE-F9796779F8FA.jpeg
Here's what we're rocking so far. NSS

Here's a question for you all. I assembled and headspaced the barreled action. I didn't use anti seize. Will that be a problem between the stainless barrel and blued action?

Here's a question for you all. I assembled and headspaced the barreled action. I didn't use anti seize. Will that be a problem between the stainless barrel and blued action?

The possibility is always there in due time. Anti-seize lubricant is used during assembly to prevent galling, corrosion and seizing due to weathering or chemicals, and assures easier disassembly. I used them on just about any threads exposed in high temps including muzzle brakes.

The possibility is always there in due time. Anti-seize lubricant is used during assembly to prevent galling, corrosion and seizing due to weathering or chemicals, and assures easier disassembly. I used them on just about any threads exposed in high temps including muzzle brakes.
this x2!

Highly recommended to use anti-seize

Before assembling this, I bought copper based anti seize cause that seemed like the best option. Then decided not to use it moments before assembly, due to worries about dissimilar metals of the copper in the ani seize, stainless barrel, and carbon steel action.

Next question is, is copper based anti seize appropriate in this case? Or zinc based, something else? There is every opinion under the sun out there on the net, impossible to cypher.

Thanks for the feedback!

Before assembling this, I bought copper based anti seize cause that seemed like the best option. Then decided not to use it moments before assembly, due to worries about dissimilar metals of the copper in the ani seize, stainless barrel, and carbon steel action.

Next question is, is copper based anti seize appropriate in this case? Or zinc based, something else? There is every opinion under the sun out there on the net, impossible to cypher.

Thanks for the feedback!

Check the technical data sheet for its applicability. For instance, a Permatex copper anti-seize lubricant P/N 09128 was designed specifically for use on stainless steel or similar alloys.

Got one for my Remage, I like being able to use a crescent wrench instead of a specialized tool.

edited: dang auto connect got me:D
I agree with this. One thing to be sure of is getting your adjustable wrench good and tight or it will slip.....I might know from experience!! I would actually advise an 1 1/4" wrench instead, but just be careful!

Going to bed the action in an ag composites stock. With the PVA box end nut, or any nut, should that be bedded with the lug?

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.