Remage Opinions

So, I'm looking to do a barrel upgrade and have decided on the remage system. I've been emailing barrel manufacturers about options and received this response:

We do not offer Remage pre-fit barrels because of the often less than stellar tolerances that are found on Remington actions. It is much better to have a gunsmith true your Remington action and fit a barrel to the action. Savage can get away with sloppier tolerances on most of the action because of the floating bolt head design that takes a lot of the tolerance stack up out of the equation. Thank you for your interest in our products.

Opinions?

20200105_111934.jpg

This is one of my remage rifles doings. 5 shots @ 600yds with a 6dasher

Spoke with James and he is definitely a good resource. Unfortunately Criterion doesn't chamber the cartridge I'm looking for.
I was planning on truing the face of the receiver and not the threads. Lugs show long/even contact, so IMO recutting the threads isn't worth while.
I just shipped a reamer from Manson to Criterion and they chambered it. James shipped bothe the barrel and reamer to my door.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.