Remage Opinions

Anybody use a patriot valley arms barrel nut on a Remage? I'm curious how it worked, specifically on a criterion barrel. Those sure seem to be the most aesthetically pleasing and use a box end wrench.

I have one on my Savage 111F LA .264 WM but it is the same as for Remingtons.

.264 WM with 2-piece beast brake.jpg

I use the wrench from bugholes (bug nut also from bugholes) ...

Bug nut.jpg

Another option for your consideration is Big Horn Arms 12-point barrel nut ...

Big Horn Arms 12-point barrel nut.png

(https://bighornarms.com/product/12-point-barrel-nut/)

Good luck!

So, I'm looking to do a barrel upgrade and have decided on the remage system. I've been emailing barrel manufacturers about options and received this response:

We do not offer Remage pre-fit barrels because of the often less than stellar tolerances that are found on Remington actions. It is much better to have a gunsmith true your Remington action and fit a barrel to the action. Savage can get away with sloppier tolerances on most of the action because of the floating bolt head design that takes a lot of the tolerance stack up out of the equation. Thank you for your interest in our products.

Opinions?
I have put together 7 Rem 700 so far with Criterion and McGowan barrels. All are shooting .5 moa. Couldn't be happier.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.