Remage Barrel

Does anyone has the contact information for TheBarrelMan? I have visited his website and it seems to not be up and running anymore. I heard about him through research, and would like to ask him about a Remage barrel. Thanks

Take a look at mcree precision barrel kit. Its a criterion barrel. I put one on my Rem 700. Couldn't be happier with it. Shooting 208 Amax at 2812fps with H4831, 300 win mag. First time out shot 215 bergers out of it and 5 shot groups at 300 yards were all 0.7-0.9 MOA, 208 Amax were 0.4 MOA at 300 yards (5shot). Shot a 10 shot group a few months ago at 300 that was 2.2 inches. Pretty much don't plan to ever buy another factory gun unless it is to be used as a donor action. It was easy. You need action wrench, barrel vise, headspace gauges and about 30 minutes. I did not pin the lug on this build. This kit makes that an option, I chose not to do it. If you choose to pin the lug, you have to notch the action, also will add time to your build. Have 500 rounds through it and still happy. Got my first mule deer with it last year. Barrel is heavy. If barrel weight is a concern, maybe some of the other kits would be a better option. My ADL weighs about 11 pounds with a boyd ultralight thumbhole stock and a 2.5-10x32 viper on it. Let me know if you have any questions. After you build your first one, you will want to build more. Attached pic is first day of load development at 300 yards. 5 shots 0.010" off lands with amax.

Attachments

• 300wm.jpg
    300wm.jpg
    7.7 KB · Views: 114
Take a look at mcree precision barrel kit. Its a criterion barrel. I put one on my Rem 700. Couldn't be happier with it. Shooting 208 Amax at 2812fps with H4831, 300 win mag. First time out shot 215 bergers out of it and 5 shot groups at 300 yards were all 0.7-0.9 MOA, 208 Amax were 0.4 MOA at 300 yards (5shot). Shot a 10 shot group a few months ago at 300 that was 2.2 inches. Pretty much don't plan to ever buy another factory gun unless it is to be used as a donor action. It was easy. You need action wrench, barrel vise, headspace gauges and about 30 minutes. I did not pin the lug on this build. This kit makes that an option, I chose not to do it. If you choose to pin the lug, you have to notch the action, also will add time to your build. Have 500 rounds through it and still happy. Got my first mule deer with it last year. Barrel is heavy. If barrel weight is a concern, maybe some of the other kits would be a better option. My ADL weighs about 11 pounds with a boyd ultralight thumbhole stock and a 2.5-10x32 viper on it. Let me know if you have any questions. After you build your first one, you will want to build more. Attached pic is first day of load development at 300 yards. 5 shots 0.010" off lands with amax.

Northland Shooters Supply should be able to accommodate requests for different contours, lengths, chamber configurations, etc. if OP is looking for something similar to the McRee models.

Do they even carry Remage prefers? I've been on there before and only thing I've seen is just contoured blanks.

Southern Precision Rifles

bullet.png
Savage, Remage, Bighorn, Mausingfield, and Ruger Precision Rifle barrel nut style pre fits. Accuracy International replacement barrels; delivery 30 days or less with in-stock barrels

Southern Precision Rifles

bullet.png
Savage, Remage, Bighorn, Mausingfield, and Ruger Precision Rifle barrel nut style pre fits. Accuracy International replacement barrels; delivery 30 days or less with in-stock barrels

Thanks, do they have a page showing the prices of their prefit barrels? I would like to know the cost of them. If I don't find it on their site I can just email or call them.

Thanks, do they have a page showing the prices of their prefit barrels? I would like to know the cost of them. If I don't find it on their site I can just email or call them.

I would call them. The pricing is on the.website but I just like to talk to a human being.

Blank in the contour you want, chamber and pre-fit

So I believe I am sticking with the .300 Win Mag. I don't want to have to buy dies, brass, and bullets for a 7mm right now. My biggest decision right now is trying to decide what barrel to go with. I am still debating between Criterion, McGowen, and X-Caliber. The other barrels I have found are around $475-550 and I do not want to spend that much. The Criterion from NSS in the configuration I want is $355 the McGowen is about the same and the X-Caliber is $430.

My biggest decision is if the X-Caliber is worth the extra money. I know they shoot well, but that much better than McGowen or Criterion to justify the extra money? Thanks for all the help, I appreciate it. gun)

So I believe I am sticking with the .300 Win Mag. I don't want to have to buy dies, brass, and bullets for a 7mm right now. My biggest decision right now is trying to decide what barrel to go with. I am still debating between Criterion, McGowen, and X-Caliber. The other barrels I have found are around $475-550 and I do not want to spend that much. The Criterion from NSS in the configuration I want is $355 the McGowen is about the same and the X-Caliber is $430.

My biggest decision is if the X-Caliber is worth the extra money. I know they shoot well, but that much better than McGowen or Criterion to justify the extra money? Thanks for all the help, I appreciate it. gun)

Barrel and trigger is where it's at.

Jud,

Don't think there is a best barrel. Most will shoot well. I got a 300 win mag match chamber, and would recommend it if you want to shoot heavier bullets. I think most of it will boil down to how much time you put handloading for it.

Jud,

Don't think there is a best barrel. Most will shoot well. I got a 300 win mag match chamber, and would recommend it if you want to shoot heavier bullets. I think most of it will boil down to how much time you put handloading for it.
Yeah I think I am over thinking the whole thing like normal haha. I just don't want to regret my decision later on. I'm really just looking for a 1/2 MOA barrel that is consistent. I'm not going to be shooting any competition with it, I just want a repeatable and accurate long range heavy hitter.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.