Rem sendero 7MM REM MAG

You are gonna love that gun. I have one in 7 RM. I kinda want a sendero in every caliber I could get one in. hahaha

IMO, the 7RM in this gun is great. The added weight drops a little recoil and makes it a dream to shoot without a brake on it. Just a great all around rifle and great caliber. I keep trying to talk myself into a bigger caliber but I just enjoy this gun too much. Welcome to the dark side! haha

now it's nothing special and i only took 6 rounds, so bore sight two in to a tree to sight in hence the low POI

and four on target , the high right was called and me mate asked where i thought it went i called high right

about 2" was happy to see it was half that (gotta do something about the 41/4 pound trigger) so there's

potential here for a shooter as i would be happy with .75" to 1.00" groups for what i want it for.

it's now soaking in hoppie's BR solvent and will take another 6 out the next time the wind drops out a bit

there was around 10K breeze from 220* so not much of a prob there.

edit it was a HORNADY 162 SST not a VMAX (no such thing )

Attachments

• IMG_0658 (Small).JPG
    IMG_0658 (Small).JPG
    31 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_0645 (Small).JPG
    IMG_0645 (Small).JPG
    98.5 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_0646 (Small).JPG
    IMG_0646 (Small).JPG
    110 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_0648 (Small).JPG
    IMG_0648 (Small).JPG
    94.8 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_0655 (Small).JPG
    IMG_0655 (Small).JPG
    110.5 KB · Views: 52
Congrats, welcome to the addiction!!! haha

I agree with you about the trigger. The lowest I could get mine set was 2.5-3lb. I then decided I would try a Jewell trigger. If there is one upgrade to a rifle that I think is the greatest thing on the planet, that is it. I have it set at a pound now and it is great. Highly recommend when you get money.

My gun would shoot MOA with some Federal Premium 150gr Sierra Gameking stuff I had laying around when I first bought it. With 168gr Berger VLD's, the best I got it down to was .51 MOA(probably could be better with a better shooter.) I am now gonna put some 180's Target Hybrids in and see how it goes. Great gun. Good Luck

Congrats, welcome to the addiction!!! haha

I agree with you about the trigger. The lowest I could get mine set was 2.5-3lb. I then decided I would try a Jewell trigger. If there is one upgrade to a rifle that I think is the greatest thing on the planet, that is it. I have it set at a pound now and it is great. Highly recommend when you get money.

My gun would shoot MOA with some Federal Premium 150gr Sierra Gameking stuff I had laying around when I first bought it. With 168gr Berger VLD's, the best I got it down to was .51 MOA(probably could be better with a better shooter.) I am now gonna put some 180's Target Hybrids in and see how it goes. Great gun. Good Luck

your lucky i don't even have that annoying little screw in the trigger that is on the mark X i spose i know what the X is for (turd) .

well it scrubbed out real nice but it was only 6 shots , now that load is 70g of H1000 it is sold here as ADI AR2217 AS IT IS MADE IN OZ AS WELL AS ABOUT 17 HODGEN POWDERS and the pill is 24 thou of the lands .
i will put about 20 or 30 rounds through it before i get real serious about tuning the load as i want to use burger 168 VLD H pills

cheers D

well it's getting better , now that some of the load work is done the next calm day i will take it out to 500 and do some groups .
the pic should be in between the paragraph's

tried some at 440 the other day and the 6 shot group had 2.5" of vertical and 9" of horizontal so i thought that was crap until i put it through the calculator and found
out that with 7 K of a breeze was worth just under 6" of drift , i didn't think it would have that much difference

Attachments

• IMG_0669 (Small).JPG
    IMG_0669 (Small).JPG
    27 KB · Views: 51
Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.