7mm rem mag sendero

tired

this rifle is non stainless. does anyone know barrel twist?having a hard time getting heavy bullets(154-162) to group well.every load seems to be about .75 to 1 moa. 140 spitzer had 4 in under a penny so maybe havent found the right combo yet.any one know of a good bullet with a high bc with lots of hydrology shock(whitetails to 800). dont care about exit hole just want to use the energy in about 15 inches of penitration.

I may be wrong but it should be a 1n9 or 1n91/4. What bullets are you trying? What powders? What primers? Try this one on for size 64 grains H4831sc rem 91/2mag or CCI 250 primer, 160 accubond. That load should give you 3000 fps and under 1/2 inch 3 shot groups at 100 yards if not post back and I have quite a few more. Let me know the bullets you want to try and I probably have a load for them.

one is 67-67.5-68 of 4831 210 primer 160 accubond. i have some amax that are stacked verticle so im going to try going up a half grain at a time

That may work. I personally have never had any luck with the fed primers so a primer change may help. My loads were fair with the fed but 9 out of 10 times a rem or cci gave tighter groups for "me". Just a suggestion if you haven't already tried.

A max huh? Here goes 69.3 grains RL25 max for me, 68.5 grains H1000 again max and 63 grains RL22 max. Of course start a bit lower and work up. Maybe that will help.

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.