Rem. Sendero 7mm mag

I think I'm going to go with the NF one piece base and ring set up.

If you had about 2-3 grand to spend on the optics, what would you put atop this rifle?

Anything else anyone can think of, to set this rig up as a long range tack driver?

Without a doubt a NF NSX, either in 3.5-15x50 or 5.5-22X50. the Huskemaw or any other lesser scope just will not compare to a NF NSX. If you want a BDC turret, like the Huskemaw, you can get an aftermarket one for about $75. You should definitely get an anti-cant bubble level top ring and if you're hunting in any kind of hilly, mountain, canyon terrain, you should also get an angle degree indicator (ADI) or angle cosine indicator (ACI) for angle shooting. You may need to re-think your one pice base and ring mount depending on how you want to mount the ADI/ACI. Another option is the zero stop for the standard (non-BDC) type turret.

I have just purchased a new Rem. Sendero 7mm mag, with the intention of mounting a Huskemaw scope on it. What rings and bases should I use? Anyone know where I can get a hold of some berger bullets up here in Canada?

I think it should make a great long range tandem. Anyone have any experiences with this rig?

Looking for any advice on the subject.gun)

In Canada your options are a little more limited. Wholesale sports had some Bergers last time I was in Calgary, but they are not listed on thier website, you would have to call them.

I would go for a Nightforce NXS 5.5-20, call Alberta Tactial Rifle supply. They also make a detachable mag bottom metal which uses AI mag's, lets you seat the bullets a little longer. Last time I looked a Nightforce was just under 2 grand without the zero stop. You can get Farrel rail from mystic presicion for a good chunk less than a Nightforce rail.

Good luck and good shooting

can some one answer this. I got two 700's weaver rings 2 peace base on one the other leupold 1 peace. after using the weaver set up I like it. Here it is how mutch accuray do I lose by removing the scope? Witch one do ALL of like and why.

For rails I have mounted a EGW rail onto a Tikka T3 .338WM and it is great. I have a Nightforce rail on my Rem 700 Edge and it is also good but a lot more $$$$.

Scopes I would go for the Nightforce, my Edge has one and it is the best scope I have ever owned or for a cheeper option I would get a Clearidge as the turrets on them work very accurately and they have parallax adjustment, my son has one on his rifle and is very happy with it.

I would not get a Burris FFII. I have two of these in 3-9x40 and they have a lot of parallax and are no good for accurate shooting, out past 300 yards.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.