Rem recall what to do?

rharfo

I had a custom built on a 700 action for my son. I have 2910 in the rifle. Do I send the gun back to Remington for the recall and take a chance losing it or having it damaged or do I install a Timney or Jewell??? I can drive it to a smith for install or maybe do myself.
Thoughts?

I had a custom built on a 700 action for my son. I have 2910 in the rifle. Do I send the gun back to Remington for the recall and take a chance losing it or having it damaged or do I install a Timney or Jewell??? I can drive it to a smith for install or maybe do myself.
Thoughts?

Replace the trigger !!!

J E CUSTOM

man, all that money in a custom and it has a stock trigger which builder recommended that you keep the stock trigger ? Hope he did a good job on the rest of the rifle for that money

I have 3 700's that were recalled. They're all getting timneys. I dont think its worth the hassle of sending them back to remington. Just my .02

Okay, okay... I just back ordered the Rem 700 Timney kit from Brownells. Let ya know when I smash the **** out of the x mark. Thanks Remington...

Last edited:
I spent 4 hours off and on with a remington representative for the recalls. I have 3 rifles affected by the recall. I asked if I could send the triggers in seperate and keep the rifles, got an emphatic no, that would not work. Also stated that I would like to replace the triggers with timney to avoid the hassel and was told if I wanted an inferior component in my rifle that was my choice, I asked how many recalls timney had going on right now and was met with a dial tone. Called back to ask for lead times and talked to a friendlier person and was told 6-8 months before they could even look at mine. Suck it Remington wish I would have held on to my Winchesters and Weatherbys.

Okay, okay... I just back ordered the Rem 700 Timney kit from Brownells. Let ya know when I smash the **** out of the x mark. Thanks Remington...

I have re worked my share of Factory triggers(All brands) and the results have been varied.
some work very well, and some don't.

Even when they work they are not as good as most aftermarket triggers and cannot touch a Jewell.

I keep some of the good triggers for those that don't want to spend the money and use the bad ones for parts. Any good custom rifle deserves a good trigger and if it my choice I always install a Jewell.

To fix some triggers you have to take them apart and re hone the sear(Some times you have to re harden or re surface the sear with stellight), a fixture is needed to get the angle correct and a fine polish is a must. And after all that you still may not have the best trigger, so IMO it is better to purchase a good aftermarket trigger and not take the time and risk of do it your self triggers.

J E CUSTOM

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.