Rem. 7mm ultra mag ammo.

bowhunter7274

Hello,
I am just looking for advice on a real good ammo for my new rem 700 ultra mag. i am going to the range thursday and cant decide which ammo to get...I was told 140 grain, but there is a few different types....I am hunting open marsh and will have shots up to 600 yrds.....i am hunting whitetail deer....any help would be appreciated...Thanks.....

Personally I'd go from 140 core lockts to the 160 accubond load from double tap. Might as well try the cheapest factory option first followed with the best b.c. factory option.

Honestly at 70$ a whack, it doesn't take long to pay for a loading setup. That would get you access to a larger pool of even better bullet choices. The only factory ammo that I've personally shot was a box of 150 sciroccos, and it patterned like a full choke 12 gauge in my sendero so I hesitate to reccomend it.

Shot a whitetail with 160 accubonds this year, they were flawless...great expansion and penetration. I'm pushing them at 3425 and i don't think you should go below a 160 unless you shoot a barnes because the ultra is much faster than most bullets are recommended to go. You should definitely look into reloading factory is way overpriced! You bought the gun, you gotta pay to play...

I also love the 160 accubonds. ive shot elk and deer with the same load at 150 to 650 yards, both with great penetration and expansion. never had meat loss due to bullet on the deer, which was surprising at first. I shot this dear at 200 yards with my 7 rum this year. dbl lunged him and he didnt even take a step!

Attachments

• Resampled_2011-12-01_15-34-50_983.jpg
    Resampled_2011-12-01_15-34-50_983.jpg
    221.6 KB · Views: 132
thats a nice deer ......I have some things in the works to get my gun accurate for me.....I have a guy going to put a muzzle break and the go though the entire gun and be sure everything is tight and correct....he supposedly lives for this building guns like some of you guys...........

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.