Rem 700 Short Base question

Alucard

Hey Guys. My last post kinda went un-noticed, so I best rephrase the question. Will a Rem 700 Short Action 1 piece base fit on a Rem Model 7? The base will be going on a XR-100 .223 Rem, so if only 3 holes line up, that won't be much of a problem. Or, does the XR-100 need a XP-100 base? I have read that the XR's base is the size of the Model 7, which is slightly bigger then the XP action. Thanks for the info guys!

It uses a modified XP action. As far as I know the receiver is longer and the bolt is also a bit longer. I know that the action now has 4 holes for a base. The action has been changed enough so that it is now the size of a model 7. If I am wrong, please correct me.

I have one of these bad boys on the way, I just need to know what bases I am buying. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

the front base is the same as a 700 but the rear base has the holes closer together. model 7
B

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.