Rem 1 peice base question

Alucard

Hey guys. I am looking for a 1 piece tactical style base for my XR-100, model 7 dimensions I believe. Anyone know where I can get something like that for the XR? I live in Canada, so Canadian retailers would be best. Does a tactical style base even exist for the model 7? Or am I looking at a custom base here? I know of a place that can make me a base, but quite pricey, and I would like to avoid that. Thanks for the info guys!

I shoot a lot of very big cannons and have never had an issue with the good old Weaver base. You should be able to get a one piece for the Rem 7 from Wholesale/Russel or whoever. Tactical is quite a trendy term. Not sure what it really gets you though. You might be able to find a Farrell base which is steel, very well made and plenty 'tactical' enough.

Personally, I would just install a two piece weaver base and put my scope in a pair of Burris Sig Zee rings with inserts. Shim as needed for LR shooting. don't slip and if they every break, odds are it was a nasty explosion.

Jerry

Thanks for the info Jerry.

I actually use Ken Ferrall bases on 2 of my rifles right now. They are hard to get into Canada, and the price has about doubled since I bought them /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif I have been at his sight and never noticed ones for the model 7, but I could have just missed them.

What I want in the base is a picatinny/weaver rail, that is quite sturdy and heavy, with good contruction. That is what I call a "Tactical" base.

Alucard,
Go to website for Near Manufacturing, they make really good rings and bases.Also they are in Canada.
JOe

I am in the process of marketing some new scope mounts and other shooting accessories and looked at adding this to my product list. While I was at the gun shop the other day I looked at an XR and mated it up with a leupold 700 SA one piece base. The base fit at the front of the action. The rear threaded hole on the action lined up with the front hole on the back of the base. It would be easy to cut a 700sa rail to fit it. They didn't have anything from a model seven to compare with.

good luck, Glen

Ok, thanks for the tip on the Rem SA base. I think that I might just have to get a SA, then cut it to fit the XR-100's reciever. That way I could get a tactical style base, and custom fit it to the reciever. Thanks again!

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.