Rem 700 police

Willy 1

Hi I am in the process of buying one of these and would kind of like to khow what to expect from this gun . It is in 300 R.U.M. and is exactly the way it came from the factory . Just wondering what bullets seem to work good and what powders , also what kind of accuracy to expect .
Thanks

Try 178gr A-Max's or 180BT's with 92 to 95gr of RL25....Or 95 to 99gr of Retumbo loaded to 3.600 c.o.l lit with a Fed215m primer.Start low and work up..5 to .75 inch 5 shot groups at 100 yards would be what I would expect from a factory gun..All my factory RUM's would do that...

[ 02-24-2004: Message edited by: Boyd Heaton ]

I agree with Boyd. Purchased a 700 PS 300RUM in Jan 01 and have had good results with it up to about 1200 shots fired. It would shoot 180 Nosler BT into .5 to .75 consistently with Fed 215 and 92.5gr RE25 at 3150fps. Jim

In my PSS 300RUM I've been shooting factory 150gr Scirocco Swifts getting about 1/2 moa, the 180gr groups were about an inch. I need to get some reloading stuff together cause those groups that Boyds getting are what I want.

Hi I am in the process of buying one of these and would kind of like to khow what to expect from this gun . It is in 300 R.U.M. and is exactly the way it came from the factory . Just wondering what bullets seem to work good and what powders , also what kind of accuracy to expect .
Thanks
Yes I did it again and I have no excuse.

Last edited:
Drives nails. I shot and was around a lot of them!! 223 and 308. Both my 223 and 308 were under .5" any time with federal GMM and if I had it together .3. Hand loads .3 all day long.
Ron
Willy hasn't been around for two years, and this post is 18 years old, but we do have a 223 that shoots .2.-.3s with Lapua Brass (bought some 223 Lapua brass from you) and we also shoot SGK 65gr. for Hogs and Yotes.

Good resurrection!
Thanks much
Len & Jill

Oh my lord....thats it....Im done getting on here with my phone when I'm bored. This retirement thing has me all messed up for sure. I just have to put the crack pipe down and stick to my program. @coyoteshadow tracker and all the others. I can't apologize as I have done it too many times to push any blame.

well, we have Veteran to find the powders that have gone into hiding...
we have you to find the threads that can vote but are still interesting...
It's really amazing how little has changed with the 300rum since the first couple years it was out.

Oh my lord....thats it....Im done getting on here with my phone when I'm bored. This retirement thing has me all messed up for sure. I just have to put the crack pipe down and stick to my program. @coyoteshadow tracker and all the others. I can't apologize as I have done it too many times to push any blame.
Buddy don't stop any of that posting,,,enjoy seeing a old thread every once in awhile,,,enjoy the retirement as best u can my TEXAS neighbor(83yrs)/best ever is starting to have balance trouble and second thoughts on things...:(

Honestly haven't found a bullet I haven't got to shoot sub 3/4 moa most 1/2 or a bit better. 200 accubond, 210 accubond Lr. 200- 212 eldx. Berger.... all shoot great. 180 class bullets are a standard issue as well. H1000 probably my first choice I believe it's more consistent lot to lot then Rutumbo. Now I like them both! From my understanding N570 is also very impressive out of the RUM. I will be doing load development with it in both the RUM and Edge. The best thing you can do to that factory rifle is bed the stock. Put a good break on it, and upgrade the trigger. The factory remington trigger isn't that bad if you know how to set it. But there are better triggers. Bedding will make a big difference in the factory stock. Good luck it's an impressive round once you learn it.