Value of Rem 700 8mm Rem Mag

HBowman

Hey guys, I had someone tell me to make an offer on a Rem 700 classic (I believe) 8mm rem mag and I don't know what a fair price would be for both of us. It has some dings on the stock, it has some rust spots that are pitted on the barrel, probably equivalent to a couple square inches or rust towards the muzzle. Inside looks good and it is topped with a cheaper nikon scope. Any input would be helpful to me. Thanks in advance!!

Hey guys, I had someone tell me to make an offer on a Rem 700 classic (I believe) 8mm rem mag and I don't know what a fair price would be for both of us. It has some dings on the stock, it has some rust spots that are pitted on the barrel, probably equivalent to a couple square inches or rust towards the muzzle. Inside looks good and it is topped with a cheaper nikon scope. Any input would be helpful to me. Thanks in advance!!

If you are a handloader $400 or so ! If you are not a handloader your not interested!

This is a very defunct cartridge. With the advent of the .338 and the high BC bullets out there the 8mm never caught on. Even with collectors. Once said someone might buy it for the action. Many of the custom builders, owners and smith know that all the money they put in a Rem 700 they could of bought a custom action. Good luck selling, but it might take the right price and awhile to get it gone. Last one I had it set for sell on the shelf for many years and finally went on a auction and sold for $250!

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.