Rem 700 LSS

KodiakHntr

Hi guys, new to the forum. WEll, I've been lurking for awhile, and liked what I saw.
So here is my question. Who has first hand experience with the Rem 700 XCR in 300UM? I've been trying hard to find a 700 LSS but have been shut down at every avenue so far. (Canadian, so gunbroker isn't an option). What I want to know is, can I pull the stock off of an XCR and put in an aluminum bedded laminate stock from Midway? Are there any significant measurement changes from the XCR to a run of the mill 700? I already own one 700 (264 mag, love it, shoots flat base X bullets like you want it to), but really want a 300 ultra. Can anyone help me out?

XCR's big thing is the coating on the rifle. Id bet that evrything else is simple rem700. Almost bought one myself but ran across some Sendero's.

Just looked it up again at Remmy's site.....I see no problem doing what you want with it.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.