Rem 700 trigger replacement

tbrice23

I'm getting a 700 LR and will be replacing the trigger immediately. I love my Jewel triggers but it has been years since I have been in the market for Remington parts.
I like less than 1.5 lbs pull, I love my Giessele triggers but don't want s 2 stage for a stick shift rifle.
Any suggestions?

The Triggertech Rem 700 Special Trigger has treated me well. It is a single stage. I've got one in a 700. I an AR that I used TT for also. In the AR I like it as much if not more than my Giesele. I know they don't have a huge following yet but if you look at what they are doing with a roller bearing, you may very well be inclined to try it.

Personally I would stick with the Jewell HVR but I have heard great things about the Triggertech Diamond.

I'm getting a 700 LR and will be replacing the trigger immediately. I love my Jewel triggers but it has been years since I have been in the market for Remington parts.
I like less than 1.5 lbs pull, I love my Giessele triggers but don't want s 2 stage for a stick shift rifle.
Any suggestions?
Would pick the Jewell HVR myself. Currently using it as well as the Timney Calvin Elite and Triggertech Primary. All work great. I just prefer the Jewell and it ships with 3 different spring combinations to fine tune the pull to your preference.

Pick the range of pull you want with the TT and you dont have to mess with springs. It is Also very user friendly has one by the bolt release for the trigger pull with clicks so you can keep track while adjusting it.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.