Rem 700 LR 7mm mag best factory Ammo?

CarbonLead

I just came across a good deal on a Remington 700 long range in a 7 mm mag. I'm going to make it my new project rifle and for now I'm gonna put factory ammo through it. So what are some of the factory ammunitions that you guys have had the best luck with in this particular make and model and caliber? Thanks!

Depends on what you intend to shoot with it. If white tail deer is your game then I might suggest Hornady 154 gr SST. Had a friend in east NC that owned a sporting goods store and this is a huge deer hunting area. By far the most ask for 7mm mag ammo was the Hornady 154 gr Interlock or after it came out the SST. I personally only shoot handloads but did use the 154 Hornady Interlock bullet with a healthy dose of AA3100 that was the best combo I came across for those long bean field shots on deer out of the 7mm Rem. mag.

If want a little heavier, the HSM 168 Berger VLDs shot sub MOA in my Factory Sendero 7RM. I had a buddy try them for an Elk hunt in NM. He was able to get .7 MOA out of his Browning A Bolt adjusting the the BOSS.

jjw
ND

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.