Rem 700 light primer strikes

WSMDRT

Failure to fire, light primer strikes...is the fiting pin and spring only culprit?

Long Action B prefix, original pin and spring as far as I can tell.

Factory ammo or reloads?
If reloads did you measure the cartridge base to neck datum?If the case is set back too far the loaded round will sit too far forward to get a good primer strike.
If that is not it just take the firing spring and firing pin out and look for crud in the bolt that could stop the firing pin travel.I have found old grease in the bolt that caused that problem.

I used to carry a little tool box of tools for rem 700 as I had 7 at the time.It is amazing how fast trouble can happen.
If you have to change the firing pin spring get the heaver one as it will last longer.I have disassembled bolts on one of my rifles and one on a friend on a hunt in North Louisiana.Crud in the bolt housing keeping the firing pin spring from fully extend.

You can remove the firing pin on a remington with a vise and a piece of nylon cord (Trotline staging). Put the bolt in a vise. Tie the srting in a loop about a foot long. Put one end in the notch and gently pull the firing pin back while unscrewing the shroud. Very easy and you don't have to buy any special tool if you have a way to hold the bolt like a vise. Changing the spring is a bigger deal, but I'll bet all of it just needs cleaning.

Check the pin fall. I forget the spec.(.250" or so ) This usually only happens with a trigger change but????

Which primer are you using and what is the firing pin protrusion when it is in the fired position? The minimum protrusion should be .050. Try dry firing the rifle and see if the cocking piece falls quickly or if it is a slow movement. Have you had any pierced primers lately that would cause your trigger to go down?