Reloading setups

Apropos reloading at the range -- I saw a post a while back where a guy had a large number of little "test tubes with seals" for lack of a better way of describing. We all know what we fear: loading a bunch of test rounds only to see pressure signs early, or no pressure signs and have that feeling we stopped too soon.

So this fella would load and seat the bottom end of his test charges, but the top end, he just filled lots of little vials of powder. All he needed to take to the range was a portable press and the seating die. If he got to the end of his loaded rounds and wanted to keep going, it was an easy matter to dump a pre-measured vial of powder in a prepped and primed case, seat a bullet and go shoot.

I really want to try that. I am thinking to build a little false table in the rear end of my SUV. To clamp the portable press to. Would give a little protection from the elements and the range I shoot at, I can back my SUV up to the covered line of concrete benches........

I think it would work -- in fact, when you think about it, you often are sitting there twiddling your thumbs between shots anyhow, waiting for your barrel to cool. You could multi-task. Stand up, walk to your portable press, dump the next powder vial into the next case, seat a bullet. Might take right at 60 seconds. Perfect.

This and the V4

Maybe Adam should have made one to come with the v-4