Reloading setups

While we get our house/garage/shop set up for reloading, remember that reloading at the rifle range is exponentially faster in load development. Few reload at the rifle range and it is a real shame. Prep you cases at home, you can change primers at the range, change powder charge, alter seating depth.

Reloading at the rifle range is a quantum leap forward in developing super accuracy, quickly.

While we get our house/garage/shop set up for reloading, remember that reloading at the rifle range is exponentially faster in load development. Few reload at the rifle range and it is a real shame. Prep you cases at home, you can change primers at the range, change powder charge, alter seating depth.

Reloading at the rifle range is a quantum leap forward in developing super accuracy, quickly.
Maybe but my range is 10 minutes from my house so I'm lucky in that aspect.

Mine is basically my backyard or 3 miles from the house (same property). In rifles I reload mainly for AR's and have very few BA's. In 44mag I use the same load in pistol as lever. While I do want a 45-70 bfr, my 2 1895's are loaded differently. I load 2-3 per ? per powder charge at x length. Shoot 1 and maybe shoot the 2nd before deciding to shoot the 3rd. Moving forward up the scale as I usually know where to stop. While I'm comfortable with sub moa (from .200-.800") I don't strive for .001". Sometimes I just get there quicker. If I shoot less than 1moa I'm having a good day as pain I live in the last 15 years is starting too rob me of my fun. Good news is I have 6 kids that love too shoot.

Nice setups, Perhaps if I do enough cleaning and get the nerve I will post a pic of my setup. Like many, I have space limitations, but I am fortunate enough to have an 8' bench dedicated to reloading. Anybody on here know of a source of steel t-track? I have been wanting to set it up for a while and recently saw a guy on YouTube that has it, GavinToobe. Seems like one of you folks might have gone down that path at some point.
Again, nice benches. Thanks for sharing.

Maybe but my range is 10 minutes from my house so I'm lucky in that aspect.
Mike, you missed my whole point. Load right on the spot. I am sure that you are not going to go home and leave all your guns, rest, and chronograph at the rifle range while you go home to tweek a few different loads.

Once you get set up to load at the range, you will wonder how you ever got along with doing anything different because your learning curve is so much faster in the load development.

Mike, you missed my whole point. Load right on the spot. I am sure that you are not going to go home and leave all your guns, rest, and chronograph at the rifle range while you go home to tweek a few different loads.

Once you get set up to load at the range, you will wonder how you ever got along with doing anything different because your learning curve is so much faster in the load development.
I didn't miss your point I didn't articulate mine as clearly as I intended.

By the time I load up all my loading stuff on top of all the other stuff I normally take to the range, hope the wind isn't blowing, hope there is space on the range to set up, etc….. I can just run home and make adjustments pretty quickly. I have however found my preferred node with a ladder test and then loaded several rounds long and taken my arbor press to dial in seating depth.