Reloading question

thaught

I have a 30 Nosler being built with a reamer I had made from JGS. They sent me a print of all the chamber dimensions and it got me thinking about loading for this rifle. What info from the cut sheet should I be considering when I go to load this round? Neck diameter? COAL? Etc?

Attachments

• IMG_3364.png
    IMG_3364.png
    41.5 KB · Views: 57
Honest question here: if you had the reamer designed and made by JGS wouldn't you know what brass and bullets you want to use? then again, I could be misunderstanding what you're asking

I have a 30 Nosler being built with a reamer I had made from JGS. They sent me a print of all the chamber dimensions
It seems backwards to order a reamer -and then consider what you're getting from it..
I normally fill out a reamer print, or at least consider all matters of an existing design -to order a reamer.
After all, the only reason to own reamers is YOUR control over chambers/dies.

It's like you've given away any control here.

It seems backwards to order a reamer -and then consider what you're getting from it..
I normally fill out a reamer print, or at least consider all matters of an existing design -to order a reamer.
After all, the only reason to own reamers is YOUR control over chambers/dies.

It's like you've given away any control here.
Then perhaps I'm not asking the question the right way. I've had this reamer for a few other builds I've done so I know the bullet/ brass combo.

The freebore is .200, the difference between dimensions U and V. It's labeled on the print twice.
I also take into consideration the length of the chamfer that comes off of the case mouth in my Base to Ogive length, T & V(approximately .015)

If you send JGS three dummy rounds or A dummy rounds at the length you want the bullet seated at, it is a pretty good way to go.

Also, consider the clearance in the Web, many make this dimension way too tight. Having a sample of the brand of the brass on hand you want to use is critical for considering the dimension at the web. Shocking how different companies will have different dimensions at the web.

Neck dia with a bullet of your choice is OF critical importance, especially if you are necking up, down or working on a wild cat.

Knowing the dimensions of your dies is another can of worms.