reloading question

Hello,
I'm new to reloading so forgive me for a dumb question or if this was asked, covered before.
I purchased some once fired factory rifle brass (300 RUM) and wanted to know what if anything different I need to do to prep it/resize it? I was told from someone who reloads that it's a pain in the ***** due to the factory crimp/last part of brass contact to the bullet, however I have not heard or seen this from any other forum?
Can I just resize it as normal?
Do I have to cut that crimped end?
Thanks,
Brad

Assuming you have a typical FL sizing die (you must FL size when moving between two guns) with an expander button (so not a bushing die), then you just FL size them and be done. Make sure the inside of the necks are lubed well.

Here is what happens: When a factory crimped cartridge is shot, the crimp is almost entirely blown out to the neck wall of the chamber. If there is a little left, after you FL size, you will pull the expander ball back through the neck and finish the job.

Granted that the other solutions offered to you perhaps work the brass less, and might theoretically result in an scosh better accuracy and case life. But you are a beginner if I am reading this correctly. You can worry about the fine details later. BTW, no reloading manual ever mentions special considerations when reloading cases that were crimped from factory... You have a manual and read it right?

Have fun.......

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.