Reloading Injuries

I pushed a freshly deburred and trimmed case right through the tip of my finger. It was like a cookie cutter to my finger.
Did near that 4 nights ago. Hurt enough that i was sure I was gonna need to fish out the meat before charging the case. Thank god i hadnt chamfered and deburred yet.
Luckily i was using the T7 though, MUCH better manners than my RC😉

338 Lapua case mouth right through my finger. You can barely see the scar, but I'm lucky to have not lost a chunk.
There's always paper towels and electrical tape within reach of my reloading bench for such lapses in judgement, and plenty of examples to confirm it's effectiveness.
IMG_20240228_062022802~2.jpg

Lesson #1. kept your fingers out ot the way. The equipment works better, and less pain. #2. Don't repete the fingers getting into the way. When I am have blood drawn at a lab. I tell them I fant at the sight of blood. They look at me and wonder what the hell. Them I tell them I was a combat Medic. It's good for laugh. 😁🤣
Also being an old carpenter I found hitting your thumb once in a while woke you up. 😅

Last edited:
Years ago, I had a friend that had a whole stack of primers explode on an old CH Progressive press. The Primers were in a plastic tube at the time. Blew the rod holding the primers down into the ceiling of the basement. He used a number of expletives, lucky he wears glasses that protected his eyes, but his face looked like a bad case of acne. He was OK except for some ringing in the ears for a couple of days. Contacted CH and they send a Steel tube to replace the plastic one. This was years before all the lawyers started looking for law suits to settle.

Definitely a good reason to wear some sort of protection for at least your eyes when reloading.