reloading info for accuracy

missedshot

I have 2 questions. First is I tried to seat the bullet on my 300 wby. mag as long as possible. It chambered, but the loads would not fit in the magazine so I seated them deeper until they fit in the magazine. I have a weatherby vanguard. the Second is - I have to really force the bullets into the cases when I reload them. they are rem nickel coated. They don't seat as easily as my other caliber reloads. Can anyone give me any help here? thanks

Hello friend, I use a .300 Jarrett for big game. I seat 200 gr. Matchkings into the lands for practice, and have shot many .5 groups a 100yd, but too long for the magazine. For hunting I seat Sierra gamekings as long as possible that will still fit and feed from the magazine. They consistently shoot MOA. In my experience that has been the trade off when using these looong cased magnums. I will carry a few shells seated long if I expect the possibility of a really long shot.

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.