Looking for Ammo Info

fetch

I am sure this has been covered and I am trying to cheat a little bit.

I have a 700 sps varmint .308 and want to find a factory load that shoots well out of this setup.

Can you guys point me in the right direction without me going out and buying a box of 15 different ammo makers.

Bottom line, just trying to save a little money.

My first priority is finding a load for prairie dog.

Thanks

With ammo prices the way they are, if you are not reloading for that kind of shooting, I honestly hope you are independently wealthy sir. I am not trying to be an ***, but most all of the semi-sorta-kinda-almost cheapish but accurate ammo that I know of has long since dried up.

The 135gr SMK and IMR8208xbr powder with either win brass, or the new mfg LC09 mil brass that is on sale at midway, with wolf primers, or federal 210m would be one good load to consider for dogs. But that is one you would have to get into reloading to shoot.

It is getting depressing these days, 10-15 years from now shooting will likely be all but dead :(

Gary

I figured I was going to have to reload, just been putting it off.

Thanks for the info.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.