Reloading for the average hunter

Stewart2550

I have a friend that is need of some 22-250 ammo and is unable to find any. I have stuff to reload and told him I am willing to help him out. My issue is I have never not done tests on loads to verify where I am at. Where does one start with reloading for someone else to make sure it will shoot good and be safe? I do not have access to the rifle so it will be a load and drop off with him deal. My plan is to follow a load from the book and pick a middle of the road powder charge. Any help would be appreciated.

Here is some info

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 247
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 198
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 263
I would probably load up some hammer hunter bullets and lean to the upper end of a load. I keep getting very good accuracy during a ladder like never before.

If you are using fired brass and don't have access to the rifle, make sure you size to SAAMI specs. I once loaded some 300RUM for a friend when he didn't bring his rifle over. We had the same M700 rifles so I checked them in mine and they chambered with no problems. When he got home he checked them in his rifle and only about half would chamber.

Great advice above. Look at a couple of manuals (I like nosler as they show their accuracy loads), pick a bullet that you can find and will do the job, then look at the forums and see what people have the best luck with. If you see several people posting the same accuracy load, it will likely shoot well in that rifle. For example, a 69gr smk over 24.5 of varget has shot well out of every rifle I've tried it in. It might not be the most accurate load, but would certainly work for hunting.