reloading bench for the room

Mine is almost finished. Made of reclaimed truck decking and old hardwood 4x4's...shelving comes next, along with a lockable powder box made out of the same deck material.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    139.1 KB · Views: 71
It will be epoxy coated like this, which is a matching desk for my office.

Sorry for two posts, iPad won't let me upload two photos at once.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    149.6 KB · Views: 86
It will be epoxy coated like this, which is a matching desk for my office.

That's some great looking wood and craftsmanship! Going to make an excellent reloading desk. Love the reclaimed/rustic wood look. You'll have to post pics when you're all done and have all your reloading gear laid out.

reloadingsetup6-9-2014.jpg

I have helped a number of guys who had dedicated reloading rooms.
It is ok to work in there when developing a process like cartridge conversion, but most of the time, that should be a store room for reloading going mobile.

It is desirable to be able to pick a cartridge and be reloading in another room in minutes. In front of the TV, in front of the computer, at the range, or in the vehicle.

One can still have half a dozen big presses in the reloading room, but the portable ones need to clamp down on unknown surfaces in seconds.

Screw the press to a board and then clamp it to furniture.
This is an especially good clamp
Irwin Industrial Tools 2021406N Next Generation 6-Inch Bar Clamp and Spreader - - Amazon.com

This is what I built. Free standing and hell bent for stout. The shelves measure 2' x 4' cut from a single sheet of 3/4 plywood reinforced with 5/4" boards glued and screwed. The uprights are the fake deck material 5.25" x 5.25" with a sheet of 5/16" steel plate straddling the legs. The remaining plywood sheet was cut for end braces, glued and screwed. I painted it with Stair and Floor paint (3 coats) that dried like iron. The presses are mounted directly over the legs and are rock solid.

This is what I built. Free standing and hell bent for stout. The shelves measure 2' x 4' cut from a single sheet of 3/4 plywood reinforced with 5/4" boards glued and screwed. The uprights are the fake deck material 5.25" x 5.25" with a sheet of 5/16" steel plate straddling the legs. The remaining plywood sheet was cut for end braces, glued and screwed. I painted it with Stair and Floor paint (3 coats) that dried like iron. The presses are mounted directly over the legs and are rock solid.

Awesome desk! I love the press on each corner. Whole things looks rock solid. Nice work putting that whole setup together.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.