Reloader 26 in 6.5 creedmoor

Amazes me some of the velocity u guys r getting. I know Tikkas are supposed to have slow barrels but I'm only managing 2850 with 139 Scenars with 48gr of 26. 24" Superlight T3x barrel. Checked with my shooting chrono and buddies LabRadar. More than please with accuracy though. This was 17 shots after initial load development and starting from a cold clean bore. Went and bought 6 more lbs and another 300 Scenars. Loading em all up and just gonna start killing stuff!

Thanks Roy
2DpGEth.jpg

Amazes me some of the velocity u guys r getting. I know Tikkas are supposed to have slow barrels but I'm only managing 2850 with 139 Scenars with 48gr of 26. 24" Superlight T3x barrel. Checked with my shooting chrono and buddies LabRadar. More than please with accuracy though. This was 17 shots after initial load development and starting from a cold clean bore. Went and bought 6 more lbs and another 300 Scenars. Loading em all up and just gonna start killing stuff!

Thanks Roy
2DpGEth.jpg
1 click to the right and you should be good to go. Good shooting but I usually only use 5 shot groups to verify. Lol

I went looking for pressure with my 26" barrel Savage 12 6.5 Creed and the 143eldx. They all went into about .75 vertical, 1.25 horizontal at 100yds. Rem 7.5 primer and once fired Lapua brass. Velocities taken with magneto speed. 49 had very slight ejector mark, and a little resistance on the bolt. 48.5 had a barely visible mark and no bolt lift. Pardon my chicken scratch...
20190815_211452.jpg

That's some pretty impressive velocities. I'm working on RL26 and 147's. I got ejector marks (very faint) at 48 grns and Hornady brass. What are you seating the 143's at? Good luck.

That's some pretty impressive velocities. I'm working on RL26 and 147's. I got ejector marks (very faint) at 48 grns and Hornady brass. What are you seating the 143's at? Good luck.
Haven't run my seating depth test yet, but these were loaded at 2.865" which puts me .01" off the lands. I have them loaded up, but ran out of time at the range. I'm guessing I'll be in the 47-48gr range since I had a pretty decent jump at 48.5. There's also only 50 rounds down this factory barrel so it will probably speed up a bit. I want to give the Berger 156's a go with rl26 and see what happens. I've got over 3" in the mag box to play with...

I'm limited to 2.8750 in my mag and that puts me around .010 out with the 147's. The Bergers have such a long nose on them you may need that long mag. I've got a long action Savage I've been thinking about trying the Creedmoor in.

I started at 45.0 grns with 147's and standard LR primers in Hornady brass. I'm running them .030 out of the lands. At 47.5 I started getting cratered primers and ejector marks at 48. Velocity was 2879 from 26" barrel.

Everyone wants to find a alternative to H4350, especially if it means more velocity.

Well ladies and gentle men, I think I might have stumbled on to something.

I'm a bit of a range rat, I pick up a lot of brass at the range...even loaded ammo that might have been dropped or had a weak firing pin strike.

Found a Hornady factory loaded 6.5 Creedmoor with a 140gr bullet on my last trip...pulled the bullet last night. I poured the powder into a small bowl and thought instantly..."that's not 4350"...but I recognized the powder. Sure enough I did, it was Hybrid 100V!

I dug around on the Hodgdon web site and found the 100V had the second best velocities of 5 different Hodgdon powders.

One thing I like is Hybrid 100v is very easy to find. I have tried it in a couple different chamberings and it has shot very good.

Is the velocity as good as R26...going to have to shoot some head to head and see, but I really like the fact it is much easier to find than H4350 or R26.

I did a load work up in mine with H100V and had good accuracy with what I tried but didn't finish it. May have to give it another look.

Thanks Roy
2DpGEth.jpg

I'm also shocked at some of the speeds.
I have only done the 124 with varget but got to 2900fps. With a 22" tube. Not sure how much more I could squeeze out.

Recent Posts