Reload 300 win mag Barnes TTSX 180 grain BT

Precisionchirow

I am going to start reloading my 300 win mag with the 180 grain Barnes TTSX bullet and am new to reloading. What is the best powder and primer combination for this for long range hunting? For hunting, should I crimp the bullet and if so what is a good crimper? My gun is the Browning X-bolt hells canyon with a 26 inch barrel and a 1:10 twist. It will be used for both elk and deer hunting.

I am going to start reloading my 300 win mag with the 180 grain Barnes TTSX bullet and am new to reloading. What is the best powder and primer combination for this for long range hunting? For hunting, should I crimp the bullet and if so what is a good crimper? My gun is the Browning X-bolt hells canyon with a 26 inch barrel and a 1:10 twist. It will be used for both elk and deer hunting.

No on the crimp!

Not a fan of Barnes bullets, but, I find RE22, RE25, H1000, Retumbo and 7828 to be the most desired powders.
A lot has been said about Reloader powders being temp sensitive, but, I have never experienced it personally. Most of my shooting is done in cooler months.

H1000 would be my first choice.

Cheers.
gun)

Unfortunately out here in California were forced to use only lead free bullets. I have not used the 180gr TTSX but I have had pretty good luck with the 175gr LRX and 77.5gr of H1000. killed a black bear last year with this load. I'm shooting this with my stock 700 long range.

Unfortunately out here in California were forced to use only lead free bullets. I have not used the 180gr TTSX but I have had pretty good luck with the 175gr LRX and 77.5gr of H1000. killed a black bear last year with this load. I'm shooting this with my stock 700 long range.

I know this is an 8 year old thread but I can at least try. I'm reloading the exact same 175gr LRX bullet for my Browning X-bolt. Do you remember the COAL of your reload and the primer you used? What muzzle velocities were you getting? Thanks! (fingers crossed)