.300 Win Mag, 180 grain bullet & Retumbo

I would not change thing and stay with that IMR4350 load. That is great velocity and if accuracy is great also why change something if it ain't broke...ah ah that perverbiable one hole target!! Try RL-22 as others have mentioned. I shoot it over 180 partitions. Good luck.

I shoot it over 180 partitions. Good luck.
I always load mine under the bullet!!!!
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

UncleB,
I agree that RL-22 is probably perfection for the .300 Win.mag.I have worn out one barrel shooting it with fantastic results in both velocity and accuracy.
The problem I have is that it seems to be inconsistant in the different lots and seems to be intolerable to cold temps.I seem to lose 2 fps for each degree in temp. decline.
The ES and SD is all over the place.I have gone to H-1000 and have elimated these variables,although not as high in the velocity department.Accuracy is very good as well as very low ES and SD,many times single digits.
Have you experienced the same with RL-22?Probably a good idea to buy RL-22 in kegs from the same lot and just adjust the load.
Thanks,
Jimmy

I too have the same problem with Reloader powders. They shot great but lot to lot was terrible. I got one lot of RL 25 that you could use RL 22 data for. Needless to say that it wasn't safe for max loads. It was a 5 pound jug. I have switched to ramshot powders mostly and IMR and Hodgen. Your not the only one that has had bad expercience with RL powders.

[ QUOTE ]
UncleB,
I agree that RL-22 is probably perfection for the .300 Win.mag.I have worn out one barrel shooting it with fantastic results in both velocity and accuracy.
The problem I have is that it seems to be inconsistant in the different lots and seems to be intolerable to cold temps.I seem to lose 2 fps for each degree in temp. decline.
The ES and SD is all over the place.I have gone to H-1000 and have elimated these variables,although not as high in the velocity department.Accuracy is very good as well as very low ES and SD,many times single digits.

I have found, as you have that the E.S. spread with H-1000 is awsome,I am getting a 5 fpe E.S. in my 300 Win
Have you experienced the same with RL-22?Probably a good idea to buy RL-22 in kegs from the same lot and just adjust the load.
Thanks,
Jimmy

[/ QUOTE ]

I have found, as have you that H-1000 is so consistent shot to shot. My E.S. is only 5 fps with H-1000 out of my 300 win

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.