• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

Redumbo

The "people willing to pay you top dollar for your home" is kind of a false analogy. A more accurate analogy would be; You live in a mountain town and a forest fire burnt down 3/4s of the houses in the town. You just happen to own two or more of the ones that didn't. A homeless family approaches you. Do you give it to them for free or a reduced price? Do you sell it to them at normal market value? Do you squeeze every last penny out of them you can get? What you do tells a lot about your character.
Thanks, I needed a good morning chuckle. And you thought my analogy was false. Maybe the mountain is Tahoe and the homeless guy is a lawyer or Politician that has 5 other million dollar houses he can use. But he likes your house for free, and it's close to the ski run.

Point is:
This is a hobby for most on this forum. For the few here that make their living from shooting and hunting, or require it to feed their family or make their living such as ranchers, they are the exceptions and that's different. People will take care of these people in real need. I believe there is true goodness in most people for people in real need.

For all others for which it is a hobby. Normal market dynamics should apply. Don't like high prices, make your adjustment like you do in all aspects of life.

Gas prices too high, don't take that driving vacation this year. Drive a smaller car.

Powder prices too high, shoot less. Shoot a different caliber. Pick up the fishing pole. Take up another hobby.
Adjust.

Last edited:
Most powders are available here in Canada. Retumbo not so much. Luckily I have quite a supply so not too bad off. Was able to score 8lbs of IMR 4350 which I have I think 30 different calibers loaded with. Problem here is brass and primers. I have lots of primers. Probably 25000. I see a lot of places saying out of stock on websites. Or if they have them running at $80.00 CA for 1000 popular brands CCI 250/Federal 215 or 215 Match.

Thanks, I needed a good morning chuckle. And you thought my analogy was false. Maybe the mountain is Tahoe and the homeless guy is a lawyer or Politician that has 5 other million dollar houses he can use. But he likes your house for free, and it's close to the ski run.

Point is:
This is a hobby for most on this forum. For the few here that make their living from shooting and hunting, or require it to feed their family or make their living such as ranchers, they are the exceptions and that's different. People will take care of these people in real need. I believe there is true goodness in most people for people in real need.

For all others for which it is a hobby. Normal market dynamics should apply. Don't like high prices, make your adjustment like you do in all aspects of life.

Gas prices too high, don't take that driving vacation this year. Drive a smaller car.

Powder prices too high, shoot less. Shoot a different caliber. Pick up the fishing pole. Take up another hobby.
Adjust.
Amen, but i could use some things, wont gouge, but i will trade.

Thank you chase1 that is the biggest problem I see is others that do this see someone else's willingness to pay that outrageous price because they see someone eager or weak just because I guess they have the money to spend like that. But you said it right and it seems to me that there are way to many out there eager to screw others over because they see the weakness in them and will cave to these ridiculous prices. It's shameful if you see the need to screw someone over like that.

No it
If someone offered you 4x, 5x, ect for your home would you sell it??? You dang right you would... It is not the sellers fault that people are willing to pay these prices.

I am not selling anything so I am not benefiting from this situation but its the buyer that is dumb not the seller.... They are bidding the prices that high... Noone is taking advantage of anyone.
is directly the seller fault
They see someone needing something so they ask that much for it?? Get real man. They don't have to ask that much but because they see someone who is weak and will pay that much they will say yeah I'll sell it I need xx amount for it and yeah the buyer may be dumb but the seller is full of greed and I wouldn't want anything to do with a person like that.

I sold a box of 143 ELD-X bullets on GB last weekend for $180. Ended up the guy was local (same zip code). When I asked what he was loading, he told me 6.5CM. He had the dies and brass, but no primers or powder. I felt so bad selling a $40 box of bullets for that much, I gave the guy a pound of RL26 and a 100 CCI LR primers. I was still ahead $90 based on my costs and GB fees.

Now you tell me RL26 was going for $200 per pound and primers $25 per hundred. :)
You guys ought to be ashamed of yourselves for gouging fellow shooters for products because supplies are hard to come by. I understand supply and demand but this I thought was a family of shooting enthusiasts that would take care of our own but I guess I was wrong.

No it

They see someone needing something so they ask that much for it?? Get real man. They don't have to ask that much but because they see someone who is weak and will pay that much they will say yeah I'll sell it I need xx amount for it and yeah the buyer may be dumb but the seller is full of greed and I wouldn't want anything to do with a person like that.

You get real. It's the market value. It's how everything works. I specifically stated about auction sites where people are setting the price they pay(they bid on it).

Even if I wanted to sell something and put a asking price crazy high but someone is willing to pay then what's the problem?

Maybe I need to buy a different powder, bullet, primer, ect and I am selling what I have to buy what I need. I am supposed to sell it for well below the market price and come out of pocket to buy what I need??

Again, I am not doing this and there are things that I need but I am not going to pay these prices.

I wish everyone would stop buying for a few months. Bring the price down and everyone would be happy.

I do however see what you are trying to say, I think. Someone going out and selling something to someone because they see that they are desperate and will pay it is wrong. I get that trying to take advantage of someone is wrong but that is a fine line.

Somethings are "rich man sports". Its just the way it is. There are alot of things that cost millions of dollars just because some rich person can and is willing to pay it.

The manufacturers are putting out more than they ever have. At some point there is going to be more supply then demand. Availability will be back and Prices will come back down (compared to what they are now).

I guess what I'm trying to say is not everyone selling at these prices are evil and taking advantage of people.

Last edited:
No it

Many of those auctions start at one penny. Just one cent. The auction is driven by the buyers. If two people want the same thing they bid back and forth until one gives up. How is that on the seller? He only asked for a penny and if no one else bids, that is all he would get. The bidders drive up the price.

Many of those auctions start at one penny. Just one cent. The auction is driven by the buyers. If two people want the same thing they bid back and forth until one gives up. How is that on the seller? He only asked for a penny and if no one else bids, that is all he would get. The bidders drive up the price.
Yes I understand that. I get that part and that is their problem. But a lot of this buying/selling is between parties and not always on an auction site where someone asks a ridiculous amount. Where I also have a problem is someone saying the top dollar that is paid is "the market" which is total bs
All it boils down to is taking advantage of another person and this (in my eyes) is a type of brotherhood (shooting/reloading) where we come to help others out and seek answers when we have trouble. Then to turn around and say "I need $200 for a pound of xxxx" that say a lot about a person.

All it boils down to is taking advantage of another person and this (in my eyes) is a type of brotherhood (shooting/reloading) where we come to help others out and seek answers when we have trouble. Then to turn around and say "I need $200 for a pound of xxxx" that say a lot about a person.
I agree...brotherhood...unforetunately and I'm guessing there's a whole bunch that aren't even shooters.

I'm sitting on 11 pds Retumbo, 12 pds of H1000, 12 pds RL26, 13 pds of N570 and a whole lot more of many and 23K primers. Way more than I can use before I die. I'm not interested in having to collect it again at higher prices. I've sold primers and powder from my cache to certain people I feel for that come into the store if we have nothing. I only charge them what I paid. Powders have price stickers on them. 2 young kids came in two days ago looking for powder and primers. I talked to them for awhile. They were very nice kids. I told them to come over to my house after work. I sold them 4 pds of powder. Gave them one pd. And 400 primers. I game them my old powder can collection , some unopened . 3 sets of old dies and an old reload manual. They were liking the old stuff a lot. I could of sold it online I'm sure let alone the powder. I just wanted to see it go to somebody that would appreciate it. I made $200. I was happy. They were thrilled and I made new friends. The one young man even said he's going to take me fishing with his dad on his boat 😁
your a good guy

Just made it clear to me to never deal with you. It's clear you don't see the problem
I see the problem. I don't like it anymore than anyone else thats not selling it a high prices.

I am not selling anything therefore I have nothing to gain from these high prices. Actually I'm like you, I lose money by paying more for supplies.

Unfortunately, This is the way it is with everything.

I was not talking about people buying up everything they can get there hands on and selling it for "todays" price. That's a piece of crap to drive up the price. If I needed the money to support my family because I was upon hard times then I would sell what I have. That doesn't make me evil or taking advantage someone.

I don't think we are talking about the exact same thing or maybe I just suck at trying to explain myself.

The last couple months there have been alot of powder hit the normal sites for normal prices. I could have literally bought everything that they would have let me and sold every single pound of it for a huge profit. I've had plenty of opportunity to do that. I have not and will not do that. There is nothing wrong with my morals.

Instead I come on here and create a thread that there is powder in stock so my fellow members can try to get what they need.

I understand that the world isn't fair and the world was built on greed, not good deeds. That doesn't mean I agree with it or do it myself.

Hell, I've given away more powder than I will ever sell.

Last edited: