• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

Redumbo

I'd drive up from Orlando I've got some H1000 and a lot of Varget and other mid to slower powders like 4350 and ssc 7828 if you like to trade as well as projectiles 4064 4895... ed

I'd drive up from Orlando I've got some H1000 and a lot of Varget and other mid to slower powders like 4350 and ssc 7828 if you like to trade as well as projectiles 4064 4895... ed
Sent you a PM.

We are only hurting ourselves. Who's to say suppliers don't start charging more just based on the markets "willingness" to pay?
TWEEK1142
You're absolutely right. Selling 100 ELD-X at $180 instead of the regular $38 is what some would say is immoral. I don't care what you say. We all right posts where we complain about the cost on GB and other sites citing the sellers are ripping off the buyers. Then we report we've done the same. I agree that if we would stop the pressure to buy in fear it was just going higher, the price would come back to reasonablness.

If someone offered you 4x, 5x, ect for your home would you sell it??? You dang right you would... It is not the sellers fault that people are willing to pay these prices.

I am not selling anything so I am not benefiting from this situation but its the buyer that is dumb not the seller.... They are bidding the prices that high... Noone is taking advantage of anyone.
Exactly. Its been called supply and demand for millenia. Both are elastic but the consumer can influence only demand. Unfortunately, the consumer is too often psychologically consumed with herd mentality. I prefer to drink upstream of the herd.

I gave a pound of H1000 to a buddy that was entertaining the notion of bidding on an 8lb keg on GB and was over $800 at the time. Hopefully he will regain his sanity now. Also steered him to a LGS with some N570 in stock under $50 and suggested he try it in his 28 Nosler instead of going off the deep end. I guess the reloading gods were pleased. I walked up on 2 pounds of RL26 just sitting there in a chance visit to another local location. Must have just put it out... what goes around, comes around. I see guys offering to ship powder and primers Priority Mail. Sorry, not me. 5 years in federal prison isn't worth whatever I'd get for it. 20 to life if it accidentally ignited in the back of a mail truck left out in the heat and someone got hurt or killed. You really have to ask yourself, what's the worst thing that could happen? If the answer is something really bad, then don't do it. True, you'd never get in a vehicle to go to work again if you apply that concept liberally and literally, but common sense should tell you to apply it to things out of the ordinary that are completely avoidable. Sadly, going to work isn't avoidable.

Exactly. Its been called supply and demand for millenia. Both are elastic but the consumer can influence only demand. Unfortunately, the consumer is too often psychologically consumed with herd mentality. I prefer to drink upstream of the herd.
Correct x1000 on this and the post you quoted. If people quit paying those prices, sellers would stop buying it up to retire on. You wanna know why you can't find anything locally (or online at a retail site)? Go search for the item on Gun Broker. You'll find most of it for sale by the case. Some idiots have their opening bid at 3 - 7X the retail price. It sits there. It's people who start the bids at or below retail that get the bids way up out the roof. The rest just keep buying thinking they can corner the market and force people to pay those prices. They want to own all of it that's produced and monopolize it. If I see a seller that has merchandise I'm interested in for a decent price, but I notice he's trying to sell components or ammo for 5x retail on another auction, I close out and look for the item somewhere else. I hope they choke on every bit of it. However, if I see he started the bids at a penny or retail value, I will continue to do business with him on the non-inflated items because it's not his fault people are lining up to throw money at him. Good for him. Bad for the rest of us. There are too many people with more money than they know what to do with. I sure wish I could grow one of those money trees they all seem to have a grove of...

the way I see it is ...
if some Yuppy Creediot turned wanna be reloader, with money to burn, wants to out bid everyone and pay $180 for a box of Hornady bullets then I'll sell my entire ELD stash to him

a wise man once said ...
"a fool and his money are soon retarded"

I have some stuff, like everyone here. It's not for sale, just like most here.
But....almost everything is for sale.
If someone posted a thread here saying "willing to by retumbo @ 200 per pound"..... that someone is going to get A LOT of pm's......by A LOT of people here.
Big difference between price gouging and taking a fools money.
This is literally no different than an auction.
What could you possibly expect from someone who puts something in an auction? To take less than what they are offered?
You'd be wise to ask who the fool is in that scenario.

I hope this all settles down soon, and some of these guys get caught with a bunch of stuff they overpaid for hoping to flip it, but in a market like this, you can't sell at normal prices unless you feel good about somebody else making the money you could have. Trade, Trade, Trade.....keeps the equity equal. If you need to sell, you obviously need money and your not being wise to let someone else make the money you need.

The market is what it is right now....it's a sellers market.

It is called capitalism gentlemen. Supply and demand. There is nothing more American.
It is all about priorities.

If you want someone to blame I give you Democrats.

Blaming fellow shooters or suppliers for high prices doesn't fix the problem.

Sell your powder and send the money to a pro-gun congressman or senator.

No guilt.

Gun people are our own worst enemy 😒. I've seen this cycle to many times in my life. When things get back to what ever normal is, anticipate honestly your needs for a years shooting and good back to normal buying . Seems to work for alot of people
Democrats "are our own worst enemy". Make no mistake.

gunbroker.com is an efficient way to get buyers and sellers together to buy/sell stuff at a price they both agree to. I'm all good with that part of the transaction. That's 100% legit.

The easy money you can make on gunbroker.com makes it easy to buy low and sell high, if you have the time, skills, or software to get the deals. With so many people able to make a quick buck, it can make it harder to find inventory on the shelves, or even online. I think there's enough of that going on to make it seem like there's even less supply then there really is. I think that's where gunbroker.com influences the regular supply and demand model. There's an extra middleman (100's or 1,000's of them) that's inserted themselves into the supply chain and it makes things less efficient. It's not just gunbroker.com. It's gunbroker.com, plus multiple other online sites, local online classifieds. Unfortunately, it's made it's way to this site as well. It's very likely these scalpers aren't legitimate, licensed, or insured businesses. They aren't paying taxes on their gains. It's very disruptive.
It is economics 101. A free market puts value to goods and services. If you think ahead you stay ahead. We all take risks and decide when and how. Now if we focus on "disruptive" Democrats and properly invest in pro-gun candidates we won't have to worry much about running out of guns and ammo.

Yes I understand that. I get that part and that is their problem. But a lot of this buying/selling is between parties and not always on an auction site where someone asks a ridiculous amount. Where I also have a problem is someone saying the top dollar that is paid is "the market" which is total bs
All it boils down to is taking advantage of another person and this (in my eyes) is a type of brotherhood (shooting/reloading) where we come to help others out and seek answers when we have trouble. Then to turn around and say "I need $200 for a pound of xxxx" that say a lot about a person.
We get it. Communism. Take it somewhere else comrade.