• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

Redumbo

I have quite a bit of components sitting around to keep the kids and I shooting for awhile, but am always looking for this or that. I can see both sides, but I would not consider selling anything, even at these crazy prices. What really irritates me though, is people buying locally or ordering online just to resale them on GunBroker etc.
Nice that you've got yours, but if you were in desperate need of ammo...Gunbroker. American capitalism.

I see guys offering to ship powder and primers Priority Mail. Sorry, not me. 5 years in federal prison isn't worth whatever I'd get for it. 20 to life if it accidentally ignited in the back of a mail truck left out in the heat and someone got hurt or killed. You really have to ask yourself, what's the worst thing that could happen? If the answer is something really bad, then don't do it. True, you'd never get in a vehicle to go to work again if you apply that concept liberally and literally, but common sense should tell you to apply it to things out of the ordinary that are completely avoidable. Sadly, going to work isn't avoidable.
+1 exactly that's why when several months ago someone offered to buy my 1 lb. of Retumbo and ship it halfway across the country, I declined. Besides I'd like to think ATF has better things to do but, ya never know maybe they troll these sites just waiting for someone to agree to ship powder or primers to them and Walla your in a world of poop.

I gave up on Retumbo after a 5 month chase. Its funny how H1000 and N570 took over for awhile and now Retumbo makes a resurgence and is now the highest valued powder.

who pays that much for powder?
Not me. That's ridiculous. Price gouging at its finest.

If someone offered you 4x, 5x, ect for your home would you sell it??? You dang right you would... It is not the sellers fault that people are willing to pay these prices.

I am not selling anything so I am not benefiting from this situation but its the buyer that is dumb not the seller.... They are bidding the prices that high... Noone is taking advantage of anyone.
I agree 100 percent. Its not the sellor taking advantage. Its the buyer needing or wanting it that bad. So they pay way too much. But its a free country and they can spend what they want.

Fixed it to match the thread title.

Attachments

• 4EF2788E-A45C-4652-9AC1-5D9F9547D1EB.jpeg
    4EF2788E-A45C-4652-9AC1-5D9F9547D1EB.jpeg
    22.8 KB · Views: 51
I sold a box of 143 ELD-X bullets on GB last weekend for $180. Ended up the guy was local (same zip code). When I asked what he was loading, he told me 6.5CM. He had the dies and brass, but no primers or powder. I felt so bad selling a $40 box of bullets for that much, I gave the guy a pound of RL26 and a 100 CCI LR primers. I was still ahead $90 based on my costs and GB fees.

Now you tell me RL26 was going for $200 per pound and primers $25 per hundred. :)
Primers are going for as much as $.45 each. The pict is from a recent auction. The buyer paid $475 plus 20% buyer's commission. I would feel terrible selling primers for this much but Id feel worse having to pay this for them because I gave all mine away. This is the world be live in right now. I will trade powder and primers for powder and primers. Think of it this way, you have an ounce of gold you paid $600 for years ago. Do you sell it for $2000 today or the $600 you paid?
This component drought was going to last 18 more months if no gun legislation passed. With the current craziness, loading components are just like gold and going to get rarer. Think bout that before you FEEL BAD.
I'm probably sitting on $20,000 in primers right now and another $10,000 in powder. It simply is what it is.

Attachments

• 44BEC2A7-88CD-405E-A781-61BE86FC160F.png
    44BEC2A7-88CD-405E-A781-61BE86FC160F.png
    440.4 KB · Views: 29
Isnt it strange! Here in canada powder and primers readily available. Some bullets getting hard to get though.
My son in law four hours away in montana cant get primers and powder at all!
Your son in law isn't looking hard enough. I'm in MT too and I've been finding stuff, just picked up 1k GMM LPP last week from Cabela's.

look at the antique furniture business, some are paying extravagant prices for old junk, and of course the collectible venue, virtually anything can be sold for whatever buyers are willing to pay ... and that is the key, folks ... "buyers willing to pay" ...... remember that ........

this has been going on for quite a long time with virtually any product you can think of, but when it involves gun related stuff like powder, primers, bullets & brass... then the cries of "hoarder, scalper, scammer" etc. etc. erupt ....

the solution is .... don't buy it ... if the crap doesn't sell then the price will be adjusted to current market values