• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

Redumbo

I sold a box of 143 ELD-X bullets on GB last weekend for $180. Ended up the guy was local (same zip code). When I asked what he was loading, he told me 6.5CM. He had the dies and brass, but no primers or powder. I felt so bad selling a $40 box of bullets for that much, I gave the guy a pound of RL26 and a 100 CCI LR primers. I was still ahead $90 based on my costs and GB fees.

Now you tell me RL26 was going for $200 per pound and primers $25 per hundred. :)
So you're saying you've become part of the problem. Greed.

I got a couple lb's of Retumbo but $200/lb?!? That's crazy! I'd sell if I thought I could by more for $35 🤣
I am looking for retumbo and reloader 26, wont buy at these rediculous prices but would trade something you may need if in the seattle/ everett area. Pm me or call 425 422 0104. Have many other powders and many lare rifle, 210, 215, 215 m primers. Allan baker

Wow. Sitting here with 9 lbs of Retumbo I don't want to sell, it is ridiculous to think that I could make possibly $1,600 or more off what I paid 7 months ago. The only reason powder is this expensive is people's "urgency" to buy right now. If everyone laid off buying for ONE month, then went back to "normal" purchasing procedures, this shortage would be gone. It is simply sad to see a 700% or more mark up on these products. It is simply shameful.
Gun people are our own worst enemy 😒. I've seen this cycle to many times in my life. When things get back to what ever normal is, anticipate honestly your needs for a years shooting and good back to normal buying . Seems to work for alot of people

Remember: divide and conquer? We are experiencing a form of viral contagiousness aided and abetted by fertile imaginations, greed, and our own self-interest of course. Think who or what might most profit from this macro effective micro money management dilemma and there's far more than money at stake here. Lets all think before we act. It's brains--not bullets--that will win for us. Yeah, I know, was a bad pun...

I sold a box of 143 ELD-X bullets on GB last weekend for $180. Ended up the guy was local (same zip code). When I asked what he was loading, he told me 6.5CM. He had the dies and brass, but no primers or powder. I felt so bad selling a $40 box of bullets for that much, I gave the guy a pound of RL26 and a 100 CCI LR primers. I was still ahead $90 based on my costs and GB fees.

Now you tell me RL26 was going for $200 per pound and primers $25 per hundred. :)
I would have felt guilty charging that much for a box of bullets

Gun people are our own worst enemy 😒. I've seen this cycle to many times in my life. When things get back to what ever normal is, anticipate honestly your needs for a years shooting and good back to normal buying . Seems to work for alot of people
These cycle's have usually ended in good deals to be had, as people sell off their stockpiles to buy something new and shiny. All these new reloaders go back to buying factory loaded rounds. All of sudden there's overruns & pallets of 9mm, 223, and 6.5 Creedmoor ammo everywhere.

Let your conscience be your guide. I would never take advantage of others like that. Just because one can, doesn't mean one should. People complain of the government over regulating, yet they take advantage of others when they can. Go figure.

I purchased a lot of retumbo after the last disappearing act so I would have enough to feed my three rifles that I load it for. At a lgs that I hang out often, a regular customer needed some so I sold him an 8 lb jug for $230. A week later I run into a guy at a shooting range that bought it from him for $1000
So now I don't sell or give any away. Karma is a son of a gun sometimes.
Before you get on me.......No I'm not
hoarding stuff, I purchased it while supplies were plentiful and I tried to do the right thing with another gunner.
I'm not against people selling for a profit but I'm afraid that the willingness to pay silly prices my cause the prices to never get normal. I hope I'm wrong though.
Man that is a sorry thing to do, I hope he had good reason to flip it (lost job, car repair, or something). Let me say that I've had nothing but good experiences helping others, trading and sharing some of my stash over the last several months. I made several new lifelong friends in other states and even more closer to home. We keep in touch and they give me heads up when they see something I might be interested in...on-line, at a gun show,or in their LGS.

If someone offered you 4x, 5x, ect for your home would you sell it??? You dang right you would... It is not the sellers fault that people are willing to pay these prices.

I am not selling anything so I am not benefiting from this situation but its the buyer that is dumb not the seller.... They are bidding the prices that high... Noone is taking advantage of anyone.

So you're saying you've become part of the problem. Greed.
I have shooters in my area and on this site where I gave them loaded cartridges, brass, bullets, primers, powder for FREE to help them out. I also in turn had some members of the site send me bullets for free.I always say "Pay it Forward" in these time os need. i am not saying give away 8 pounds of powder or a 500 box of bullets, but selling a a little box of bullets for $180???? that is why there is problems SCALPER.

I'd be willing to bet some of these sellers have backup accounts to bid up the price. Then when it doesn't sell they don't report. It would be interesting if some fool paid that for a 8lb jug.

Retumbo is still listed on the Hogdon website for $38 a pound. Only problem is availability.
I have not sold ANY of my supplies that I bought several years ago. Only traded for primers and powder. Seems like many are going 1 brick of primers for 1 lb of powder. I think that's reasonably fair unless the primers are match grade which are about 50% more than standard primers I spent $56 for a brick of CCI BR4 primers 2 years ago at my LGS where the CCI 400 were $35 a brick.